Chapter 36 "After My Family"

The next morning, Severide is up bright and early. He wants to be at the hospital as soon as visiting hours start.
He was happy when he woke up realizing that he slept through the night without receiving a phone call about Shaylynn.
Grabbing his coat, his phone rings. This almost makes his heart stop.
"Hello"
"Is this Mr. Severide?" a woman asks him.
"It is" Severide says.
"Mr. Severide, my name is Dr. Michelle Larson. I'm the President and CEO at the Adler Planetarium. I received a call from Dr. Connor Rhodes telling me about you and your fiancee. First, let me express to you how sorry I am about her! Dr. Rhodes told me she's going to make a full recovery, which brings me to why I'm calling. He told me that you and her were here and put a deposit down on the Planetarium, but now you would like to get married sooner. I was looking and found a spot 5 months from now if you would like to switch to that date" Dr. Larson tells him.
Severide is speechless.
"Mr. Severide, are you still there?" Dr. Larson asks.
"Yes, I'm still here. Sorry! I don't know what to say!" Severide says.
Dr. Larson laughs, "All you have to do is say yes!" she tells him.
"Yes!" Severide says all excited, but then he realizes there might not be a wedding.
"Can you just pencil us in for right now and after she wakes up, I'll let you know for sure" Severide says.
"Of course! Hope to hear from you soon!" Dr. Larson says, "Have a good day, Mr. Severide!"
"You too, Dr. Larson!" Severide says.
They both hang up.
Severide puts his phone back in his pocket as he walks out to the garage.

At District 21.....

The Intelligence Unit is gearing up for a new day.
Antonio walks out of Hank's office and over to Rixton. "Voight wants to see you!"
Rixton nods at Antonio and heads in that direction. 

"At the accident yesterday, I want to say thanks for acting so quickly getting Shaylynn to cover and telling Kelly to stay where he was

"At the accident yesterday, I want to say thanks for acting so quickly getting Shaylynn to cover and telling Kelly to stay where he was. If he would've ran out there and got shot or worse killed, Shaylynn would be devastated! I'll be sure to tell her what you did!" Hank tells Rixton, "But this thing with Kelly has to stop! You did leave for New York and left Shaylynn behind. She's a lot like her Mother! Kate didn't wait around for me and when another man came along, she got together with him. Shaylynn might be like her Mother, but she has my temper. Things are probably going to be tense between her and Kelly after she wakes up over that Kidd scene. If you want to be a friend, that's fine! If Shaylynn wants to talk to you, listen to her! But stay out of the way of her and Kelly!"
Rixton listens to everything Hank has to say and nods.