A Remedy to Cure All Ills: Bugs and Scars

Hello, my Merlin fans, I am back! I hope you all had a wonderful Summer Break! Also, It's my birthday today!

I am sorry that I did not update. I have been very busy for the past couple of months. My Summer job, getting ready to teach again, studying for my exam, preparing my audition for the musical "Beauty and the Beast," and spending time with my family. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "Red Rose Nightmare" story. Please be patient with me.

Again, I want to thank my friend OtherCharacterNut for proofreading and giving me great ideas for this chapter. I could not do it without you!

Also, please check out my Twitter page, my YouTube channel, and my Polyvore page to see posters and what clothes Sam is wearing in each chapter. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

Sam's POV

I rubbed my hands under the cool, flowing water and sighed, "I can't wait to lay down on my bed and take a nap." It was a strangely hot day in the gardens with no shade to shield myself from the sun so I was sweating like I had just completed sword training. Only I was dealing with flowers and weeds and vegetables. It almost didn't make sense that I was so exhausted!

Not much else was happening for me in Camelot. Or Merlin. We just got to go about our business and live our lives. No dangers, no evil magic, no deadly creatures, and most importantly, nothing trying to kill Arthur...and consequently myself and Merlin. I would consider it refreshing if I wasn't so freaking hot!

"Hello Samantha!"

I looked up to see Gwen giving me a friendly smile, but there was still a glimmer of sadness in her eyes. Lancelot had left some time ago, but the memory of him lingered. I missed my friend, but Gwen...she missed him in another way entirely.

"Hey Gwen. Beautiful day, huh?"

She giggled and readjusted the vase of white flowers in her hands. "Yes, I suppose it is."

"I didn't see you in the gardens. Who are the flowers for?"

Gwen looked to the white petals and answered, "They're for Morgana, but I don't who gave them to her. I'm only delivering them. I'll see you later, Sam."

"See ya, Gwen."

I watched as she entered the castle to make her way to Morgana's chambers. Something didn't seem quite right. I began to scrub the dirt from underneath my fingernails as my thoughts remained on the flowers. They were beautiful, but I could remember seeing white lilies growing in the gardens. And Gwen didn't know who gave them to Morgana? I gasped as the flashes came to me. Flowers... beetles... magic... Edwin!

"Wait, Gwen! Come back!"

I ran after Gwen as fast as I could, but I kept tripping over my gardening dress. It was tearing at the ends thanks to all the sharp thorns and branches, so my feet kept stepping on the frayed ends. Needless to say, running up a full flight of stairs did not help. I turned down the hall and went for the door when I heard Gwen say, "Why? Who'd you like them to be from?"

I reached for the doorknob as I heard Morgana reply, "I don't know. Tall, dark stranger?"

I crashed through the thick, wooden door and caused both girls to jump. I tried to appear steady, but my legs were burning and trembling and I couldn't catch my breath. Suddenly, I bent over on my knees trying to calm my heart and get air in my lungs. It felt like my entire body was as red as the roses I trimmed earlier.