Lancelot: The True Knight Of Camelot

Hello, my Merlin fans, I am back! First, I want to say Happy Easter weekend!

I am sorry that I did not update. I have been very busy for the past couple of months. My job, studying for my exam, and spending time with my family. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "Red Rose Nightmare" story. Please be patient with me.

Again, I want to thank my friend OtherCharacterNut for proofreading and giving me great ideas for this chapter. I could not do it without you!

Also, please check out my Twitter page, my YouTube channel, and my Polyvore page to see posters and what clothes Sam is wearing in each chapter. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

Sam's POV

"Tell him what you told me," I heard Uther command outside the court doors.

After Lancelot was arrested, it took all I had not to bang my head against the cold, hard wall. I got so distracted that I forgot how soon Geoffrey would discover Lancelot's true lineage in his research. I had to step up my game or I would be the ruin of Camelot! I shook my head. No, this is how it was in the show and Lancelot still became a knight. I just had to stay calm and keep to its path.

I placed my ear to the door and heard Geoffrey's voice declare, "These credentials are faked. The seal itself is faultless, forgery of the highest possible standard, but a forgery it must be. There is no record of the fifth son of Lord Eldred of Northumbria." My fingernails clawed the wood as I told myself that this was part of the path. "Therefore he -"

"Lied." Uther stated as he interrupted Geoffrey. I could imagine his cold eyes glaring at my friend. Lancelot must be kneeling down, remaining strong and brave in his fear of punishment. "Do you deny it?"

My heart broke as I heard Lancelot confess, "No, Sire."

"You've broken the First Code of Camelot. You've brought shame upon yourself and upon us. You are not worthy of the knighthood bestowed upon you. You never were. And you never will be. Get him out of my sight."

Suddenly, guards moved to the door and I ran to hide behind a pillar. I peeked around to see poor Lancelot be taken out of the room. I blinked back my tears as though I could feel his pain inside me. I knew he would be thrown in the dungeon and I couldn't stop myself from following them.

I slowly walked down the stairs, my heart thumping faster than each step. I had to control my own fear and sadness in order to be there for my friend and give him hope. I nodded my head to the guard and stepped into the dark hallway of cells. Lancelot was sitting in the one ahead of me, as dreary as the dirty ground he sat on. He lifted his head as I drew closer and I almost saw him smile as I sat on the other side of the bars.

"Hey, you doing ok?" I rolled my eyes and pressed my forehead to the iron cage. "Of course you're not ok. That was a stupid question."

Lancelot chuckled and said, "Even behind bars you know how to make me laugh, Sam."

I looked up into his dark eyes and I couldn't blink back all the tears. "I am so sorry, Lance. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let this happen."

He shook his head and replied, "No, Sam, this is not your fault."

"It is! Merlin and I pushed you. And I should've rem- known that Geoffrey would check your nobility status and I should've stopped him. Better yet, if we never met none of this would have even happened and you'd be better off."