Lancelot: Sam's Savior

Hello my Merlin fans, I am back! I am sorry that I did not update. I have been very busy for the past month. My job, studying for my exam, and my biggest news... I RECEIVED THE LEAD ROLE IN MY COMMUNITY THEATER PLAY! I am so excited for it! Again the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my Phantom story. Please be patient with me.

Again I want to thank my friend OtherCharacterNut for proofreading and giving me great ideas for this chapter. I could not do it without you!

Also, please check out my Twitter page, my YouTube channel, and my Polyvore page to see posters and what clothes Sam is wearing in each chapter. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

SAM'S POV

"Oh Samantha, I do not need your services anymore. Sam, my Father is King and says Merlin is better as my servant! You are a girl, so go get a job that girls are good for, like cooking and cleaning! Oh look at me, I am a good little Prince. Obeying King Daddy like a good little Prince Puppy!" I couldn't help myself from grumbling as I grabbed the mushrooms in the woods. How could I? Baby Blonde Boy basically just fired me this morning! And for what? Nothing! Sorry I saved your life and almost died! Do I get a proper thank you? No! I get, what do they call it? Sacked. I shook my head and continued searching for the ingredients living on the forest floor. Gaius had sent Merlin to the market place because he knew I needed to be away from people. Clear my head. Not that I was feeling better yet. "Why does Arthur make me so mad? I hate him! When I get my hands on that no good, spoiled, rotten-"

Suddenly, a loud screech echoed far in front of me. My hand froze over the last mushroom as I slowly lifted my eyes. Impossible, and yet my gasp knew it wasn't. A griffin! A real griffin, like Buckbeak from the Harry Potter movies, was staring right at me. But this was Camelot and I remembered reading in one of Gaius' books that wild griffins were not only magical, but dangerous creatures. I slowly rose to my feet hoping it was friendly. I received my answer when the griffin screeched again and charged right at me. "Ok, not a friendly griffin! Definitely an angry griffin!" I screamed.

I dropped the basket containing the wild mushrooms and ran for my life. I could hear the griffin's hoofs galloping closer and closer. I looked back to see that it was almost on top of me! This was a mistake I will never make again. An unseen root hooked onto my ankle and I slammed into the solid ground. I could feel the air leave my lungs at the impact and my scraped palms and knees bled like my left eyebrow. I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. I wiped the blood from my eyes and rolled over to crawl backwards only to see the griffin rear back with its claws out, ready to strike. I focused my eyes, praying for my magic, but I was too weak. I was dead.

"Get away from her!"

I turned my head to see a man running to stand in front of me. He bravely swung his sword at the griffin, but when it finally connected to the creature's flesh, it snapped like a wooden sword against stone. The griffin was unharmed and even angrier! We were gonna be torn apart!

The man dropped his broken sword and screamed, "Run! Run!" He grabbed my hand and the moment my feet were under me, we ran as fast as we could, but the griffin was faster. I will never complain about working out ever again! I kept up the pace, ignoring the fire in my muscles and pushing the branches from my face. I let the man's hand grip mine tighter letting him help me gain speed. Still, I could hear the griffin getting closer. It wasn't enough.

"It's gone," I sighed out a relieved breath and looked over to my savior. His dark hair was in his face, but I swear I've seen him before. No matter, what was important was that I could tell he was in pain and I needed to tell him how grateful I was. "You saved me. Thank you. Thank you so much. I'm Samantha, but my friends call me Sam."