Valiant: Jealousy

Hey everyone, I am so sorry for the long update. Well here's the chapter! Please vote and review! Enjoy reading the chapter. Remember, I do not own anything except for Sam.

I was sitting on a chair watching Gwen show Merlin how to put on the armor. To tell you the truth, my head was hurting from all of this. There was so much armor to remember to put on. Merlin insisted that I should go back to Gaius. I knew he wanted to be alone with Gwen. I didn't want to miss this opportunity, to see if he made a fool of himself in front of Gwen. Even though I have seen this scene in the show, I wanted to see this live. I found myself day dreaming, and when I concentrated on what was going on, I saw Gwen pointing to Merlin showing him where the armor goes.

"So, you've got voiders on the arms. The hauberk goes over your chest," said Gwen.

Merlin looked at the armor on his body as Gwen was pointing to each piece. "The chest. The arms. The chest."

"I guess you know what to do with the helmet," said Gwen.

"If he doesn't, then he's in trouble and stupid," I joked.

I raised my hand in surrender because they continued on like I didn't say anything. For some reason, I felt like a third wheel. My heart stung a little. I knew the reason why. Sometimes, I feel like I'm invisible to them. This does feel like how I feel in my own time period with Courtney. I frowned as I thought about my sister. I mentally slapped myself to remember that I can't think of her right now.

Merlin smiled at Gwen and said, "Ummm, this is where my arm goes. This was the only part I could figured out."

Merlin putted the helmet on his head as the shield of the helmet landed on his face covering it completely. I couldn't help but laugh. He did look funny seeing him with the helmet on.

"Shut up Sam. It's not that funny," Merlin communicated to me through my mind.

"Yes, it is and think how this will help Arthur. At least the helmet will hide his big fat head. Hopefully his ego too," I thought back.

Merlin didn't laugh or look me at all. He just turned back to Gwen and asked, "How come you're so much better at this then me?"

Gwen smiled at him and said, "I'm the blacksmith's daughter. I know pretty much everything there is to know about armor, which is actually kind of sad."

Merlin laughed and said, "No, it's brilliant!"

"Yeah it is," I said. My smiled dropped when realized that they were ignoring me. Now I really feel like the third wheel. "I'll be right back. You two have fun... whatever you're doing," I said.

Of course they continued to ignore me and continued to talk like I wasn't there. I realized I felt a pain of jealousy as I watch Gwen laugh at something Merlin said. I walked out of the room without them knowing I was gone. As I walked in the market place, I felt a tear dropping slowly down my face. I guess since I'm not in my time period or with my real family, Merlin is now the closest person to me. When I saw how close he and Gwen are, I felt like I didn't exist anymore.

Why am I jealous? This is Gwen, yours and Merlin's friend. Maybe he thinks she's prettier than me, or smarter, or funnier. Maybe he rather hangout with her instead of being around me. I would have to agree with that. Why would anyone want to be around me? No one liked me in my time period, so why would anyone want to be around me now? I am a loser and a pathetic girl. Come on Sam, get a hold of yourself. You are his little sister and he likes her. Of course he loves you too, right. I'm his sister, he's my family now. Still, I wish I wasn't so jealous of her.

My train of thought was interrupted when I felt like someone was staring at me. I looked behind me as my eyes widen a bit. Someone was staring at me, but it was someone I knew I had to stay away from. It was Valiant. He looked at me like I was a piece of meat. His cold eyes met mine and I felt frozen. It actually felt like he was a snake and I was a week little mouse waiting to be eaten. He smirk at me and bowed to me. I just looked at him until I heard someone calling for me. I turned around to see Merlin walking up with Arthur's armor. He was trying so hard not to drop them.

"There you are. I was wondering where you went," he said.

"Oh sorry," I murmured as I grabbed some of the armor from him. I kept my head down so I wouldn't look at him in the eyes.

Merlin looked at me all concerned and asked, "Sam, are you alright?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because it looks like you are crying."

I wiped away my tear and laughed a little. "Oh, it must be from the dirt. Got some of the dirt in my eye. No big deal."

I didn't want to tell him that I was jealous of Gwen or I felt left out. I would sound stupid. Also, I felt really uncomfortable with Knight Valiant still staring at me. I shivered at the thought of his piercing eyes looking at me. It made me feel like he was undressing me. Before Merlin could say something, I walked a little faster to get away from him. Merlin stopped in his tracks as he watched me walk away. He didn't know what was wrong with me, but he was determined to find out.

3rd POV

"What is wrong with her? She's never been this distant to me before. I hope I didn't do anything to upset her. I have to find out what's wrong with her," Merlin thought to himself.

Merlin was unaware that Valiant was staring at Merlin and Sam as his eyes looked colder and darker than before. He turned to his shield and petted it. One of the snakes that was on the shield winked at him. Valiant's smirk grew when he knew his time will come, and Camelot will fall to its knees.

Well there you have it. Sorry it took a while for me to post this chapter. I will post the next chapter tonight, I promise. Please don't forget to vote, review, and until then...

Grapejuice101