The Mark Of Nimueh: One Big Mistake

Hello my Merlin Readers! Here's the next chapter for the day! I would like to dedicate this chapter to Meimei555. So please remember to vote, review and look up my Polyvore to see what clothes Sam is wearing. As for now, please enjoy this chapter.

Also, I don't own anything except my OC Sam.

Ok Sam, breath in and breath out. You need to get use to this by now. I turned back to another corpse that Merlin and Gaius was examining. Again I turned away and covered my mouth, trying not to throw up.

"You ok over there Sam," I heard Merlin's voice in my head.

"Yeah, just trying not to lose my lunch again," I thought back.

I heard Merlin sighed before Gaius asked, "What's different about this victim?"

Merlin raised his eyebrows at our uncle before saying, "Er...she's a woman."

Gaius sighed, and shook his head. "Sometimes I do wonder whether you're a magical talents were given to the right person. Anything else?"

Merlin felt embarrassed as he said, "Erm...she's a courtier."

"Ah."

I slowly got up from my chair and asked, "But how does that help us?"

Gaius looked over at me and walked up to me. "Courtiers seldom go down to the lower town. So what does that mean?"

I stared at my uncle and I was trying to rack my brain into thinking mode. Ok, what is the answer Sam. Think back to the episodes! The answer is...

"I don't have a clue," I said.

Merlin looked up and said, "Well is it that... that she hasn't spoken to any townspeople?"

I felt bad for Gaius because he looked like he wanted to kill us. "Yes, it suggests that the disease is not spread by contact," said a very stressful Gaius.

Merlin and I looked at each other before my brother said, "Oh, and they probably ate different food."

Gaius nodded his head and started to smile. "Good. Anything else?"

"Erm...I doubt they breathe the same air."

"So what's the only thing they do share?"

My eyes widen when I remembered an important part of the episode.

"Water! It's the water," I shouted out.

Merlin looked at me before turning back to our uncle. "You think the disease is spread through water?"

Gaius's smiled transformed into a big grin. "Merlin, Samantha, you both are a prodigy."

I could help but rolled my eyes when Gaius handed both Merlin and I each a bucket.

"Great, Gaius is like my History High School teacher," I mumbled to myself.

Gaius looked at me curiously and asked, "What was that Samantha?"

"Nothing!"

Merlin grabbed my hand and dragged me to the Lower Town Well to collect some water.

After we finally collected the water and pulled the buckets back to the physician's chambers, we were about to test the water when the door slammed open. I first thought it was Arthur about to yell at us again, but to my shock, running into the room was a very desperate Gwen.

Merlin and I watched when Gaius rushed over to the girl. "Gwen!"

"Gaius."

She ran up into his waiting arms and started to cry. Gaius looked over our friend and asked, "You have the sickness?"