The Poisoned Chalice: Life Is Precious

Hello my fabulous readers, and Happy Easter! Here is the next and first chapter of the episode "The Poisoned Chalice."

Now, I do have a teaching job, I am part of a theater company, and I also have a social life I like to live... So sadly, updates will take their time for my stories: "My Magical Wish" and "Red Rose Nightmare." I would ask you all, my faithful readers, to please have patience with me. I swear on my life that I will NEVER abandon my stories.

I do have a Twitter and YouTube account right now! Follow me, message me! Don't forget to review and check out my Polyvore page to see what Sam is wearing for the chapter. Anyways, here's the chapter! I hope you'll enjoy it!

I don't own anything except my OC Sam.

I watched off to the side, standing next to Merlin, as Lord Bayard and his party walked into the Throne Room. Uther smiled as he walked down to Bayard to meet him half way.

"Camelot welcomes you, Lord Bayard of Mercia. The treaty we sign today marks and end to war and a beginning to a new friendship between our people," exclaimed Uther.

As Uther and Bayard grabbed their hand, both parties applauded and cheered. While I was clapping, I looked at the corner of my eye to Nimueh. My eyes slightly widened and I shook a little. I recalled what episode this was. I remembered she was in disguise and tried to kill Merlin. Nimueh looked right at Merlin and me. I turned away, not making eye contact with her. This is going to be a long day.

Later that day, Arthur ordered Merlin and I to pick up his dirty laundry, wash them, dry them, and bring them back to his room before the event of the Hall of Ceremonies begins. Did I mention that both Merlin and I have to carry a big bag filled with clothes? Each?!

"Why does Arthur have so many clothes? It's like he has more outfits than all the girls in Camelot," I complained as I was about to drop the bag of clothes I was carrying.

"Don't let the prince hear you say that Samantha," reprimanded Gaius.

Merlin groaned as he shifted his arm, so he wouldn't drop his bag.

"Still, it's not fair. Why do we always get landed with the donkey work," asked my brother.

Gaius sighed as he continuously walked down the halls with us. "You're a servant, Merlin. It's what you do."

"Servant, my butt," I mumbled to myself.

Merlin shifted his arms again as he said, "My arms will be a foot longer by the time I get this lot inside."

I grunted from the weight of my bag. "I feel like my arms are about to be pulled out of their sockets soon."

"It's character building. As the old proverb says, hard work breeds...a harder soul," said Gaius.

I snorted as Merlin glared at our Uncle. "There is no way that's a proverb. You just made that up," stated Merlin

"No. I didn't."

"You so did Gaius," I said.

"I did not."

I was about to reply 'so did' when I heard a commotion next to me. I looked to my right to see Merlin bumped into a girl. The servant girl looked like she was carried pillows and sheets.

"Sorry," said the girl

Merlin bent down and helped the girl pick up the sheets and pillows.

"It's alright. Let me give you a hand with that," he said.

Merlin grabbed one of the pillows, before he and the girl lifted up their heads and stared into each other's eyes. My breath was caught in my throat when I saw the girl's face. I was looking right at Nimueh. Merlin and Nimueh slowly stood up and continued to stare at each other's eyes.