Valiant: Trouble In Every Turn

Hey everyone, here is the next chapter from the episode "Valiant." I do not own anything except for Sam.

After my talk with Morgana, I was back in my room on my bed drawing in my notebook. However, inside my head I was still debating on when I should tell Merlin about Gwen. I knew it was not healthy to keep secrets from your family, because it could destroy your trust and love for each other. I looked up from my drawing to see Merlin looking at our magic book with interest. All of Arthur's armor was floating in the air while cleaning and polishing itself. I laughed to myself because this reminds me of the scene in "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." I just love the magical mope scene from that movie.

"You're going to get into trouble you know," I said to him.

Merlin smirked at me and said, "Sam, I've been hiding my magic for a long time. I don't think I'll get caught."

As if on cue, Gaius opened the door to our room. Because Gaius startled Merlin, he lost his concentration and all of the armor fell to the ground. My eyes widen with shock to see Gaius looked surprise and angry at the same time.

Gaius narrowed his eyes at us and said, "Are you two using magic again?"

Merlin shook his head and said, "No."

Gaius still narrowed his eyes at Merlin as if he was not buying what Merlin said. "What's all this, then?" Merlin however shrugged his shoulders like he didn't know what Gaius was talking about. Gaius looked at me for an explanation. I merely looked back at my notebook and continued to draw. Gaius finally gave up and sighed. "I just came to tell you that supper's ready."

After Gaius left our room, Merlin and I looked at each other and burst into laughter. "That was a close one," I said after trying to control my laughter.

Merlin just chuckled and said, "It sure was." His smiled turned to a frown and he asked me, "Sam, can you please tell me now what's wrong?"

I stopped my drawing to look at him. I knew he wouldn't stop until I told him the truth, but why did I feel like I was not ready to tell him? "Nothing's wrong Merlin."

Merlin was now getting irritated and annoyed with me. "Sam, don't give me that. I know about your problem with Sir Valiant, but I know there is something else brothering you, too. Please, just tell me."

I sighed as I knew it was the best time to tell him. "Ok, it's about you and Gwen."

Merlin looked at me all confused. "Me and Gwen?"

Now, I was getting annoyed. "Yes, you and Gwen. When we were at her house, I was feeling left out. It looked like you didn't notice I was there. I felt invisible back there."

Merlin looked at me even more confused. "What are you..." He stopped what he was saying as he stared into my eyes. His eyes widen when he realized what I was implying. "Oh Sam, I..."

Before he could continue, the door opened again.

"Didn't you two hear what I just said? You better get in here right now before your supper gets cold," said Gaius.

As he left the room, Merlin ran to me and was hugging me to death.

"I'm so sorry; I didn't realize I was ignoring you. I'll make it up to you, I promise," he said.

"Merlin, just shut up. I forgave you a long time ago. Plus, I should say I'm sorry for being jealous. Gwen is my friend, too and I know you want to get closer to her because you like her," I said as I smirked.

Merlin let go of me with a glare and said, "I don't like her like that."

I laughed and said, "Sure, you don't bro."