Excalibur: The Black Knight

Hello, my Merlin fans, I am back! I know it has been forever.

I've been trying to write as much as I can. I am so sorry for not updating quickly. I hope you have patience with me and continue to read and review my stories. It means a lot to me. Anyways, here is the first part to the next episode "Excalibur."

Also, I do not own anything except my OCs Sam, Josh, and Courtney.

Another day was finally almost over. The work load was close to breaking my body down, but I only had one thing left to do and I would be free. In preparation of tonight, when Arthur would be crowned Prince of Camelot, Mrs. Grover was in charge of the floral declarations in the hall of ceremonies. We had to make sure it was beautifully filled and lined with the traditional roses, lilies, and orchids, along with more native choices like columbine, kingcups, sweet violets, and cornflowers. As lovely as they all were, I never knew how exhausting it could be placing flowers in a specific order across a huge throne room... for hours... after gathering them all up to bring them in to decorate.

For my last assignment of the day, Mrs. Grover told me to bring a bouquet of specially grown flowers to Arthur's chambers. She wanted to thank him for helping her and her daughter, Annabelle, in their time of need. Plus, she wanted to congratulate him for finally being crowned prince so I got to add the best of the roses to the middlemist reds, white water lilies, and blue eyed dahlias inside the fancy silver vase. Staring at it all made me roll my eyes and when I reached Arthur's door, I decided not to knock.

I mean, I had a really long day and while I liked working in the gardens, I'm not a delivery girl. And Arthur's ego was being stroked enough, so why would I stroke him even more? Bad choice of words. Just as bad as my decision to not knock.

"Hey Arthur, Mrs. Grover wanted me to give you- OH MY GOD!"

I immediately spun around and shut my eyes quickly as I could. Standing in the middle of the room - right in front of me - was a completely naked prince. I felt my face turning bright red at the thought of a naked Arthur was imprinted in my mind. He shouted at seeing me just before I heard him grabbing his pants to put them on in a hurry.

"SAMANTHA, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOCK, NOT ENTER MY CHAMBERS WITHOUT PERMISSION!"

"I'm sorry! I was carrying a rather large bouquet and I wasn't thinking you'd be changing in the middle of your room. I mean, you do remember you have a changing screen, right?" I replied.

I could hear Arthur grumbling in a low voice and figured it wasn't anything civil. I used the time it took for him to dress, to try and cool down as I still felt very hot. I couldn't believe I just saw Arthur nude. His sculpted abs on that beautiful body... Holy crap, I wish I had my camera to take a picture. I just wanted to rub my hands on his... Wait a flipping minute! I mentally had to slap myself out of it. What the hell was I thinking!? No Sam, get those thoughts out of your head. He's a stupid prat... but sexy prat. NO, STOP THINKING THAT!

"Are you decent?" I asked, trying to sound exasperated instead of embarrassed.

"Yes I am."

I slowly turned around to sadly see he was clothed. No, you are not sad! You are happy he's wearing clothes again. I cleared my throat before I walked over to the table to place the bouquet on the empty surface.

"These are for you from Mrs. Grover. Don't worry, I checked to make sure there were no beetles in them."

I laughed at my joke but instantly stopped when I saw Arthur wasn't even smiling. I cleared my throat and started to retreat from the awkwardness.