Valiant: The Tournament Begins

Ok, so here is the next chapter for you guys. I hope you like it and if you have any requests or suggestion, let me know. Anyways, here is the next chapter for the episode "Valiant." I do not own anything except for Sam.

When I finally calmed down from what happened earlier, I entered Arthur's tent to see that Merlin was struggling to get the vambrace on Arthur's lower arm. Merlin looked up to see that I was standing there watching them. His eyes looked concerned and hurt. Arthur looked up also to see me, but his reaction was just rolling his eyes for me being late.

"Well, it's good to see you're here Sam. I was wondering where you've been," said Arthur.

"Sorry, I had to help Gaius first. I see you're taken care of by Merlin," I said.

"You must be joking," murmured Arthur. I giggled as Merlin rolled his eyes. "You two do know the tournament starts today?"

"Yes, Sire we do know," said Merlin.

As Merlin fixed the buckle on the gorget, I looked at Arthur and asked, "Are you nervous?"

"I don't get nervous Sam," he said as he smirked at me.

My face was blushed and I tried to hide it from him. Merlin however laughed at Arthur as he said, "Really? I thought everyone got nervous."

Arthur glared at Merlin who immediately kept quiet. "Will you shut up, Merlin!"

Merlin murmured sorry as he grabbed Arthur's cape, tied it on him, and handed Arthur his helmet. Merlin smiled at himself knowing he remember everything that Gwen helped him with.

"Great, yeah. I think you're all set," said Merlin.

Arthur looked at Merlin and asked, "Aren't you forgetting something?" Merlin looked around all confused. Arthur looked like he was going to pound Merlin. "My sword."

"Here it is," I said as I handed his sword to him.

Arthur smiled at me and said, "Thank you Sam. At least one of you got it right."

With one more glare at Merlin, Arthur exited his tent.

Merlin chuckled as he said, "That went well. Don't you think Sam?" He smiled as he looked at me; however his smile vanished when he saw how I wasn't amused. I wasn't even looking at him. I jumped when I felt his hand on my shoulder. He looked concern as I turned to face him. "Sam, please tell me what's wrong. I've never seen you like this," he pleaded to me.

"Merlin, I can't tell you right now. Arthur has a tournament to win and we have to support him," I said to him.

I wasn't in the mood of talking to him right now. I was about to walk out of the tent when Merlin grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Please just tell me. I can't stand when you're not talking to me or communicating to me with your mind. I know you're avoiding me, but I want to know why. Please tell me," he pleaded with me.

I was staring at his blue eyes when he looked like he just lost something very important to him. I could tell he was trying very hard not to break down. I couldn't stand to see him like this. However, I couldn't tell him right then that I was kind of jealous of Gwen or that Valiant scares me so much. He had to pay attention to Valiant for this episode and not worry about me. All though it did touched my heart to see that he did care for me.

"I'll tell you after the tournament ok," I said.

He nodded his head and smiled at me. All though his smile never reached his eyes. We walked out of the tent and stood near the sidelines. I looked up in the stands to see Gwen and Morgana sitting very excitedly. Gwen looked at me and smiled. I smiled back, but I still couldn't help but feel jealous of her. I knew I had to let go of my jealousy, but it was harder than it looked. I looked to side to see the competitors for the tournament enter the arena. We all saw Uther walked past the front line of knights.