She sniffled as her sobs began to die down. I stroked her hair trying to reassure her. I quickly wiped a lone tear that escaped without me noticing.

"Princess?" There was no answer. She was fast asleep already. I gently laid her back on the bed and covered her with a blanket. I switched off the light and walked back to my room.

I finished getting ready and went downstairs but not before yelling to whoever cared to listen that I was out.

I didn't feel like walking today so I called the driver and off we went.

We arrived in less than ten minutes. I got out of the car and proceeded inside the building.

I looked around and he was nowhere to be found. I asked one of the workers whether anyone came to look for me but they said no one.

I was disappointed.

I tried calling his line,the number he gave me but it was switched off.

Did he cancel on me? Had he changed his mind?

I held onto my bag that had a sum of 50k which I got with difficulty from Anty hafsa just to give him. And how does he repay me? By refusing to show up.

But I wasn't going to judge too soon. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Who knew what he was going through.

I found somewhere quiet amongst all the disturbance of renovation and brought out a small sketch pad.

I got distracted as I kept on sketching different designs not aware as time passed by.

I got tired and returned the sketch pad to my bag.

I guess he wasn't showing up after all...

Everywhere was quiet as all the workers had gone back to their respective homes.

How had time passed without me noticing?

I felt a chill run down my spine when I heard footsteps.

I looked around for something to defend myself with just in case the person turned out to be dangerous.

I found a wooden plank on the floor. I carried it and held it as if my life depended on it. But ofcourse my life depended on it if the stranger turned out to be a serial killer.

I heard another footstep. It sounded closer. I held the plank ready to strike the intruder when I saw him.

I lowered the plank as I watched him. He was observing the place. I couldn't see his face as it was dark but he looked deep in concentration.

"You came." I said almost in a whisper.

He turned. His gaze on me and I suddenly felt conscious. His eyes went to my hand that was holding the plank and he gave me a questioning look.

I immediately dropped the plank my ears burning.

"Don't blame me. I thought you were a serial killer or something."

He chuckled. That deep throated chuckle that I had dreamt about for days. I found myself smiling back.

I walked closer to where he was and that's when I saw it. Blood oozing from his forehead. His sky blue shirt was also was stained at the collar. His black trousers covered in dust. Overall he looked like someone who got into a fight.

I suddenly gasped as I put my hand over my mouth.

"Wh-what happened to you? Who did this to you?" My voice was shaky. First because he was hurt and second because the sight of blood makes me nauseous. I was literally allergic to blood. I could feel the bile rising from my throat. My hands were shaking.

His face softened as he asked. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. I was already starting to see double.

"Wh-what h-happened to y-you?" I asked again fighting the nausea.

He turned his head away. "Nothing."

I could feel my temper rising, momentarily distracting me from my uneasiness. One thing I disliked was when someone wasn't straightforward with me. It gets on my nerves big time.

"Nothing? You say nothing? For godsake you're bleeding. That cut needs stitches and the fact that you look like you just got out from a fight and you tell me nothing?"

I knew I was overreacting but who cares.

"Why do you even care?" He retorted.

That shut me up.

One.

Two.

Three.

Take deep breaths..

"Because if I'm gonna hire you,I need to know that you're responsible enough." I said calmly not wanting to lose my short temper.

He was quiet for a while before he replied. "This is my personal life and that's not something you should concern yourself with."

He was really starting to annoy me. "This is my project and I need to know that the person I'm employing is emotionally and mentally stable."

"Well I am all that. Am I employed?"

I calmed my burning rage. He was so full of himself. But I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of getting to me.

"I want to see at least two designs by next tomorrow. There's no time to waste."

I walked away without looking back,then I remembered something. I turned and he was still standing,his hands folded looking at me.

I opened my bag,brought out the cash and dumped it on his folded arms. I walked away without a word and I could swear I heard a silent thank you.

He was right. I had no business with his personal life but something in me broke when I saw him hurt. And I was going to find out whatever it was he's trying so hard to hide whether he liked it or not.

It was time for a little background check.

***
[A/N]: I'm sorry for the late update. Being busy with school and all...

What do you think happened to Yazeed that he doesn't want to say? Take wild guesses😁

Don't forget to vote and comment❤

Love,
Siyyamah❄