Max Verstappen - At The Pool

You walk into the pool area, followed by your best Max. You got a few looks as you walked in with a famous F1 driver, but you were used to it by now. 

"Where do you wanna sit?" Max asks as he turns to you.

"Doesn't matter," you say and Max nods before walking the other side of the pool, where it's not that busy. You put your stuff down before taking off the summer dress you're wearing over your bikini. Max glances over to you without you realizing it, taking in your beauty. 

Lately, Max has been looking at you differently. Until not too long ago, you were just his best friend. But ever since you've joined him on his travel around the world for races, he has started to grow feelings for you. But he knows nothing has changed for you, so it's better to just keep quiet.

"Are you going to swim?" you ask as you look over to Max, who seems deep in thought.

"What?" he asks, snapping out of his thoughts to look at you.

"Are you going to swim? you ask again, chuckling as you look at Max's adorable expression.

"Yeah, but not yet," Max replies and you nod before walking to the water, wanting to cool off a little before working on your tan. 

Max watches you as you get into the water, admiring your beauty and elegance as you do. He loves that you don't care about other people looking at you.

One person that's looking at you catches his eye. A guy on the other side of the pool seems to be very interested in you, which Max doesn't like at all. When he sees that the guy gets up, Max gets up as well and joins you in the pool.

"Hey," you say surprised when Max suddenly appears next to you.

"Hey," Max says, smiling at you.

"Changed your mind?" you ask as just a minute ago, Max didn't feel like swimming.

"Something like that," Max says as he glances over your shoulder, which confuses you a bit. 

"Are you okay?" you ask as Max as he gets a bit closer to you.

"Yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're just acting a bit strange," you say, making Max sigh a little. 

"I'm sorry."

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just...., some things have changed and I'm trying to figure out how to deal with that."

"Changed? What has changed?" you ask confused as in your eyes, everything has stayed the exact same. Well, apart from you joining Max on his travels. 

"More than you know," Max says before getting out of the pool, leaving you behind confused. You get out of the pool as well and follow Max back to where you're sitting.

"Max, what's wrong?" you ask, now worried as he's acting very strange. 

"Nothing, don't worry about it," Max says as he lays down on his chair. You lay down on the chair next to him, turning towards him so you can properly look at him.

"And now the truth," you say as you know he's lying. 

"I'm telling the truth."

"Max, I've known you almost your entire life. I know when you're lying," you say, making Max sigh.

"That's exactly the problem."

"What is?"

"That we've known each other our entire lives. If I say what's up, things will get weird and I don't want that."

"Just tell me Max, I'm sure things will be alright," you say, trying to get him to tell what's up as you're getting more worried.

"There was this guy, on the other side of the pool and he was looking at you."

"So? A bunch of people looked at us when we came in, I'm used to it."

"This was this different. He was checking you out."

"Really? Who was it?" you ask curiously as with all the traveling, you haven't had time for boys. 

"That's not the point. The point is that I didn't like it, at all," Max says, which surprises you. You look at him for a little while before you realize what he's saying.

"You were jealous."

"I was," Max admits as he looks down. You need a few moments to take in what he just said and what exactly it means. He was jealous, which has to mean he has feelings for you. Your best friend.

"Do you have feelings for me?" you ask, just to be sure. 

"I do. I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry?"

"Because things are gonna be weird now."

"Why?"

"Because I have feelings for you and you don't have feelings me and that'll get awkward no matter what," Max says, which makes you think. Do you have feelings for him?

"Not necessarily."

"What?"

"We can give it a shot right?"

"What if it doesn't work out?"

"We've been best friends for years, so why wouldn't it work out? If we're both attracted to each other," you say, which makes Max's eyes widen.

"You have feelings for me too?"

"I have been feeling a bit different lately, I just wasn't sure what it was. But now I'm sure," you say, making Max smile. 

"Well, in that case. Y/N, would you like to go out with me tonight?" Max asks with an adorable smile on his face.

"I would love to."

This one was requested by littlemissunnoticed, thanks for requesting and I hope you liked it!

Unfortunately, requests are closed right now. I'll keep posting one shots, but requesting a new one shot is gonna have to wait until I open the requests again, which is hopefully very soon!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite