Max Verstappen - That Time of the Month

A/N: Ahh periods, aren't they wonderful? *fake smile* Well, luckily Max is here to make it all a little bit better! Hope you enjoy!

Requested by BlackBirrdie, I hope you like it!

Ps. I have a new story, it's called 'A Twist of Fate'.  It's not a fanfic, but I really really hope you will check it out! I'm really excited for this story and I'll be putting a lot of effort into it, so it would mean a lot! Thank you!!

You wince when a sharp pain shoots through your lower belly for about the 10th time in the last hour. Which is really inconvenient as you're trying to make lunch for yourself and Max, who's currently training out on the balcony. He's almost done and you want to have lunch ready by the time he has taken a shower. But at this rate, that's not going to happen.

Periods are the most annoying thing ever invented.

Luckily you didn't really have to be anywhere, which means you can wear your comfy clothes and just curl up in a ball. After you finish lunch that is.

"Babe, I'm gonna take a quick shower!" Max calls out, making you groan. You really need to hurry up.

"Okay!" you reply as you continue to prepare lunch. Just when Max walks into the kitchen not too much later, you finish making lunch, making you sigh in relief.

"What's wrong babe?" Max asks as he kisses your cheek.

"Oh nothing, just happy I finished making lunch."

"You're amazing, I'm starving," Max says as he takes one of the plates and sits down. You sit down across from him and start eating your lunch. Halfway through you get another one of those annoying pain stabs, making you wince again.

"Are you okay?" Max asks worriedly when he sees you wince.

"Yeah, I'm okay, just cramps."

"Oh it's that time of the month again," Max says and you nod, softly chuckling at how he refers to your period.

"It definitely is," you sigh, making Max feel bad for you.

"Why don't you sit on the couch and I'll clean up, okay? Just relax," he says, making you look at him confused.

"Why?"

"You're in pain, so just relax," Max says as he gets up and starts cleaning up. You watch him for a moment before making your way to the living room and sitting down on the couch, covering yourself in a blanket before curling into a ball.

"Is there anything you want?" Max asks a little later when he walks into the living room, probably finished with cleaning up.

"A cup of tea would be nice," you say, figuring he won't take no for an answer. Max nods before disappearing into the kitchen again. It doesn't take too long before he comes back with a hot cup of tea, placing it on the table in front of you.

"Anything else?" he asks, looking at you concerned.

"No, I'm okay. But shouldn't you be going on a run right about now?"

"No, I'm not going today. I can't leave you like this."

"Max, I'll be fine. It's just my period, it happens every month."

"Yeah, I know that, but...," Max says trailing off.

"What is it?"

"I just don't really know what to do. I know you're in pain and I want to make it better, but I don't know how," Max says, making your heart melt a little.

"You're the sweetest, come here," you say and Max sits down next to you on the edge of the couch. You wrap your arms around him tightly and Max immediately hugs you back.

"What was that for?" Max asks confused when you pull back.

"For being the sweetest boyfriend ever. Now go on your run before Jake gets mad."

"Yeah yeah, I'm going! Will you be okay?"

"I'll be fine, now go! Otherwise, no sex for you when my period is over and then you'll have to go on even more runs," you say, making Max's eyes widen. You giggle as you know how much he hates going on runs.

"I'm off! See you later!" he says, quickly giving you a kiss before hurrying out the front door.