Jenson Button - Tour Day

"I won!" I exclaim happily, making my best friend Ella look up from the homework she's doing.

"What?" she asks confused as I just randomly said it out of nowhere.

"I won the tour around the McLaren Factory!" I explain, making Ella gasp.

"That's amazing!"

"I know, I'm so excited!"

"When are you going?"

"In a few weeks, so I have to wait a little while," I say as I read the rest of the email. Once I read 'congratulations', I stopped reading.

"That sucks," Ella says and I nod in agreement. I walk over to my calendar and circle the date I'll be leaving.

"Might as well start a countdown, right?"

After what feels like years, the day I leave to go to the Factory is finally there. After a flight, a night in a hotel and a car journey, I'm standing in front of the building, a huge smile plastered on my face. I can't believe I'm actually here. I make my way to the main entrance and go inside.

"Good morning, how can I help you?" the receptionist greets me.

"Good morning, I'm here for the tour," I say, hoping the receptionist will know what I'm talking about.

"Oh of course! Hang on one second, I'll call the person who's in charge of that down," the receptionist says. I nod and she picks up her phone to call whoever is supposed to be giving me the tour.

"Alright, she's on her way. Can you please sign these papers please?" the receptionist asks me as she hands me a few papers.

"What do they say?"

"Just that you won't tell people about what you've seen when it comes to the technical stuff, that you won't take pictures of things you're not allowed to take pictures off and if that we're allowed to film you, that's all."

"Film me?"

"Yeah, for the video we're making. We're inviting different fans here and we're making a video out of it," the receptionist explains to me.

"Ahh, okay. Awesome!" I say as I sign the papers.

"Great! Your guide should be here in just a second, you can wait over there if you want," the receptionist says as she points to a few couches behind me.

"Thank you," I tell her before I sit down on one of the couches. It doesn't take long before a girl who seems to be in her twenties comes walking towards me.

"Hey, I'm Alice, nice to meet you! I'll be giving you the tour today," she tells me as she holds out her hand for me to shake.

"Y/N, nice to meet you as well," I say as I shake her hand.

"Well Y/N, let's just start the tour, shall we?"

"Sounds like a great idea!" I say before following her into the Factory.

After an amazing tour, Alice takes me outside to record some clips for their video.

"Alright, I'll be asking you some questions, just answer them honestly. Don't feel pressured to say certain things, it's just how you feel about today. Okay?" she tells me.

"Okay, easy enough," I say. Alice motions to the cameraman to start filming before she focuses her attention back on me.

"So, how did you find the tour?" Alice asks me, making me smile.

"I loved it! Ever since I've started watching formula 1, I've been wanting to go to the Factory, so it was amazing to win this tour. And the tour itself was amazing and very interesting as well! It's amazing to see how much work goes into the cars."

"That's great! And what do you think about the drivers this season?"

"I think they're doing great! Of course it's hard to compete with a team such as Mercedes but I think both Jenson and Fernando are doing great!"

"And who's your favorite out of the two of them?"

"That's such a hard question! They're both awesome, of course, but I'd have to say Jenson is my favorite."

"And why?"

"I don't know really, he just seems really nice and fun to be around. Not that Fernando doesn't, but something just makes Jenson stand out I guess," I say, chuckling a bit at my horrible reasoning.

"What would you do if you could meet Jenson? Or Fernando for that matter?"

"I'd freak out at first. But once I'd gotten over the initial shock, I'd probably ask a bunch of questions and just talk to him. Oh and of course take a few pictures with him."

"Oh I'd like that," I suddenly hear a voice say behind me, making me jump. I turn around, only to be faced with the one and only Jenson Button.

"Oh my gosh!!" I exclaim.

"Well, you weren't lying when you said you'd freak out," Jenson chuckles as I try to recover from the shock.

"Well, I didn't exactly expect this to happen," I defend myself.

"That's true."

"I'm good now," I say with a smile on my face, excited about meeting one of my favorite drivers.

"Great! Can we hug now then?"

"Of course!" I say, wondering why he even asked that question as Jenson and I exchange a quick hug.

"How are you?"

"I'm good, I just had an amazing tour of the Factory."

"Ah that's nice!"

"It was, I had a lot of fun!"

"That's great!" Jenson says and I nod in agreement.

"But this is also pretty great," I tell him, making Jenson chuckle.

"That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I do have to get going, otherwise I'm gonna be in trouble."

"That's okay, I understand. You must be really busy."

"I do have some time for a few pictures though," Jenson says, reminding me that I should probably take some.

"Oh I forgot about that!" I say, making Jenson chuckle as I take out my phone. I hand my phone to Alice, who's still standing next to the cameraman. I pose with Jenson as Alice takes a few pictures of us. We change poses a few times before Jenson really has to go.

"It was lovely to meet you...," Jenson says, trailing off, making me realize I didn't even tell him my name.

"Y/N," I say and Jenson nods.

"It was lovely to meet you Y/N."

"It was great to meet you as well! And good luck with the next races."

"Thank you! Bye!" Jenson says before he walks off. The rest of the day, I can't seem to wipe the smile off my face. I met Jenson Button, nothing can ruin my day now!

This one was requested by VettelFerrari, I hope you liked it :)

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!!

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite