Lewis Hamilton - Talk later?

I look at the screen, amazed by what I'm seeing. My driver just drove a lap in 1:11:459. Not only is that the fastest lap ever driven at the track, it's also the time that gives him his 65th pole position. Around me, the team is going crazy. I just stare at the screen.

"Y/N, you have to get to the pit lane!"

"Right, thanks," I reply to whoever reminded me. I quickly gather Lewis' stuff and make my way to where he'll park his car. I can't help but smile when I see the silver bolide with number 44 come towards me. I wait until Lewis parks the car and has been congratulated by the team members that are lined up. I follow Lewis to the weighing, patiently waiting until he turns his attention to me.

"Hey," Lewis greets me after taking off his helmet, a smile on his face.

"Hey, great job!" I say take his helmet from him. I hand him his cap and bottle, which he takes from me.

"Thank you. Talk later?"

"For sure," I say. Lewis nods before walking to the car that's taking him to the post-quali interviews. I walk back to the garage, where Lewis will return before it's time to go to the media area. I watch on the screen as Lewis gets driven to turn 1 and 2, where the interviews will take place.

As I watch the interview, I think back to what Lewis said. Talk later. It's what he always says after qualifying and the race. It's a tradition. Usually, it's about what happened on track. But this time, it sounded different. It sounded personal. Like he wanted to talk about something else than what happened on track.

"That's crazy!" someone next to me exclaims, making me snap out of my thoughts. I look at the screen and see that Lewis is given a helmet. But not just any helmet. An original Senna helmet. I gasp and feel tears appear in my eyes as I watch Lewis' reaction. He's clearly speechless, which is something that doesn't happen very often. I know how much this means to him, which makes it even more special.

"Are you ready to go back to the hotel?" I ask Lewis as we walk out of the media area. We've just finished the interviews, which consisted of a lot of questions about the helmet and about Senna, which Lewis didn't really mind.

"Yeah, I'm tired. This was an awesome, but exhausting day," Lewis says, slightly smiling at me.

"I feel ya," I say, making Lewis chuckle. We reach the garage, where we each go our separate ways. I get my stuff and wait for Lewis to come out of his private room. Just like the talk later, us going back to the hotel together is a tradition. I grab my phone, scrolling to my Instagram as I wait for Lewis to be done.

"Ready?" Lewis says, making me look up. He's freshly showered and dressed in Mercedes team clothing.

"Yes, let's go," I say and we make our way to the parking lot. We get into Lewis' car for the weekend and Lewis drives us back to the hotel. The drive to the hotel is in silence, which makes me wonder even more what Lewis actually wants to talk about. Normally, our talk later already starts in the car, but this times seems to be different. After parking the car, we get out of the car and walk into the hotel. Lewis seems to be in his own world, deep in thought about something.

"Are you okay?" I ask, making Lewis look up at me as we step into the elevator.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry."

"Are you sure? You seem distracted."

"Just some stuff that's been on my mind."

"Care to share? Maybe I can help out?" I ask, but Lewis shakes his head.

"This is something I need to figure out on my own."

"Well, if you want to talk, you know where to find me," I say as the elevator doors open. I walk out and head towards my own room, which is the opposite way of Lewis' room. Before I can walk far, I feel Lewis grab my arm, causing tingles on my skin.

"Wait, please?" Lewis asks, pleads.

"What is it Lew?" I ask as I turn around. The look in his eyes surprises me. It's vulnerable, full of emotion. I've never seen him like this before and it kind of scares me.

"I just," Lewis starts, but he doesn't get any further and he lets go of my arm.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing, have a good night," Lewis says before walking towards his own room. I stare at him until he disappears in his room, confused by what just happened. I head towards my own room, trying to make sense of the whole situation. But even after my night time routine, I still don't understand. I get into bed and open my phone, quickly scrolling through my Instagram. One particular story catches my eye. Lewis' one. It shows a picture of him, with a confused look on his face.

So torn

What is he so torn about that he can't talk to me about? What is going on in his mind? It seems to be bothering him quite a lot, whatever it is. I put my phone away, deciding that Lewis will talk to me when it's ready. I switch off the lights and lay down. Just as I am comfortable, there's a knock on my door. I get out of bed and walk over to the door, curious to see who it could be.

"Lewis?" I say surprised when I see who's standing on the other side of the door.

"Can we talk?"

"I was about to go to sleep actually."

"I know, I know. But please, I really need to talk to you."

"Okay," I say, stepping aside to let Lewis walk inside. He sits down on my bed and I sit down next to him, waiting for him to start talking. Lewis takes a deep breath before he looks at me.

"Okay, so there's something that has been on my mind and I promised myself that if I got pole today, I'd tell you. But it's really hard for me to tell you this."

"Okay. Whatever it is, you can trust me," I say, getting slightly worried about this.

"Please don't say anything until I'm done, okay?"

"Yeah, okay," I say and wait until Lewis starts talking. He looks down, takes another deep breath before looking at me again.

"Okay, screw talking," Lewis says before cupping my face and pressing his lips against mine. I freeze as I feel his lips against mine, not expecting him to do this. Lewis pulls away and looks at me with an unsure look on his face.

"I'm sorry, I just had to," Lewis says, getting up. He starts making his way to the door, but I grab his arm, making him turn around, looking at me confused.

"Just wait a second," I say, making Lewis sit down again.

"What is it?"

"You caught me off guard, just give me a minute to process all this."

"Yeah, of course."

"What does this mean?"

"It means that I like you, a lot. And I want to be with you. I want you to be more than just my press officer."

"You do?"

"Yes. And you don't have to make a decision about this right no, I know it's unexpected and all. Take as much time as you need."

"Thank you Lew," I say as Lewis gets up. He smiles at me before walking out of the room. This time, I don't stop him. I need time to think. I get back in bed and try to fall asleep, but I can't. Lewis is on my mind. His smile, his scent, his eyes. The night passes too quickly and way too quickly, I see the sun rise. After being awake all night, I have made up my mind. I get out of bed and quickly put on some clothes. I hurry to Lewis' room, and knock on the door, waiting for Lewis to open the door.

"Y/N?" Lewis asks sleepily after opening the door. I don't say a word and just press my lips against his. I clearly catch Lewis by surprise, as he stumbles back a little. But he recovers quickly and wraps his arms around my back, kissing me back.

"So I guess you've made up your mind?" Lewis asks as he pulls away a little.

"Yes, now kiss me," I say and Lewis happily obliges.

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Nothing is off limits, if I find it too uncomfortable to write, I'll let you know and we'll figure something out ;)

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite