Max Verstappen - Big Game

"Are you sure you have time?" I ask Max over the phone as I'm packing my bag for the big soccer final I'm playing tonight. I put the phone on speaker so I can multitask.

"I'm sure baby, our main responsibilities start Thursday and I have some time off," Max explains to me. This weekend he has a race in Austria, but he has ensured me he doesn't mind coming over for my game.

"Okay, then I'd love it if you came," I tell him. He told me that he wanted to come a few days ago, but I told him I didn't want him to because he needs to focus on his race. The past days, he's been trying to convince me otherwise and now that I'm sure him coming won't affect his race, I'll happily let him come.

"Great! I also talked to some other drivers about your game and they want to come as well."

"Really? Who?"

"Dan, Seb and Nico R."

"That's making me more nervous."

"Don't worry babe, you'll be amazing, I know it."

"Thank you. When will you get here?"

"We'll be leaving soon, so we'll get there before dinner."

"Will Dan, Seb and Nico come over for dinner as well?" I ask curiously. I haven't seen either of them for a while and I would love to catch up with them.

"Sure, if that's okay with your parents?"

"I'm sure it will be, I'll ask in a minute."

"Just text me when you know as we're leaving in a minute."

"I will," I promise Max, already smiling at idea that he'll be with me in just a few hours.

"Alright, I'll see you in a few hours then."

"Yeah, see you in a few hours. I love you."

"I love you too," Max replies before both of us hang up.

A few hours have passed and it is almost dinner time. Max and the other drivers aren't here yet and I'm growing impatient. Even though I saw Max not that long ago, I've really missed him and I can't wait to see him again.

"Who is actually joining us for dinner?" mom asks me. I'm sitting in the kitchen, where mom is cooking dinner. I told her a few extra people were coming for dinner, but I never told her who.

"A few of Max's colleagues, Daniel, Sebastian and Nico."

"Oh I remember Daniel!"

"Yeah, he's his team member. Sebastian and Nico are from other teams," I explain to my mom as she doesn't really watch F1.

"Well as long as they are nice."

"They are," I tell my mom and just then, the doorbell rings. I get up from my seat and make my way over to the front door. When I open it, I'm immediately wrapped into a hug. I smile, knowing it's Max.

"You know my dad could've opened the door as well, right?" I chuckle as I wrap my arms around him.

"He knows I like him."

"Don't know if he would still like as much after that."

"Well then I'm lucky it was you."

"I missed you."

"I missed you too baby."

"Uhm, I don't mean to interrupt or anything, but we would really like to go inside as well," I hear the voice of my favorite Australian say. I step out of Max's hug and smile at Daniel, who's wearing a big smile on his face as well.