Max Verstappen - Nice To Meet You

New one shot, a Max one this time :) Hope you enjoy!

This one was requested by Myrto27

Your eyes widen when you see who just walked into the bookstore work at. It can't be him, can it?

Max Verstappen.

What would he be doing here? You force yourself to stay calm as you don't want to seem a crazy fangirl. Because you are. Well, not crazy, but a fangirl for sure.

"Hello, how can I help you?" you greet your customer with a smile on your face.

"Hey, I'm looking for a book."

"Then you're at the right place!"

"I hope so. Can you help me?"

"I think so. What are you looking for?"

"A book for my mom. It's for her birthday. She's been talking about this author, so I thought I'd get her a nice book by that author. But I don't really remember the name."

"Okay, that makes things a bit harder, but I'm sure we can figure it out," you say as you smile at Max, making him smile back at you.

"That's great!"

"So, what do you know about the author?"

About an hour later, you had finally found the author Max was talking about. You normally really hate it when people don't know what they want or what they're looking for, but in this case, you actually enjoyed spending time with Max. It was a dream come true for you to spend time with one of the drivers you watch on TV every other Sunday.

Little did you know, Max had also really enjoyed the time he spent with you and he really didn't want it to end yet.

 "Thank you so much for helping," Max says as you wrap the book he eventually picked.

"Of course, it was my pleasure," you say, smiling at him.

"You know what would be a pleasure too?"

"No?" you ask confused.

"If you would go on a date with me."

"A date?" you repeat, your eyes widening.

"Yes, if you want to of course."

"I do, I just can't believe you just asked me on a date."

"Why not?" Max asks a bit confused, causing you to blush. You really didn't want to tell him about your little, or not so little, F1 obsession.

"I may or may not watch every F1 race broadcasted on TV."

"You do?" Max asks a little surprised, not expecting a beautiful girl like you to be an F1 fan.

"Yeah, I do. But I swear I'm not some crazy fangirl or something like that," you say, making Max chuckle.

"I know, otherwise you would've reacted differently when I first walked in."

"Probably," you chuckle, very glad you managed to stay calm earlier.

"So... about that date? Do you have time tonight?"

"Tonight? You don't want to waste any time do you?"

"Of course not. The longer I wait, the bigger the chance someone else steals your heart before I can."

"You don't have to worry about that, you're the first boy that asked me on a date in a long time."

"How is that possible? Such a beautiful girl as you and no boys lined up?" Max asks, making you blush.

"I don't know," you say, not knowing what else to say.

"Well, it's lucky for me. So, I'll pick you up when you're done working if that's okay with you?"

"Can I go home to put on something else first?"

"If you want to, but you already look amazing," Max says, making you blush once again.

"I'd still really like to change out of these. This is my work outfit.""

"Alright, I'll pick you up at your house then. Here's my number, text me with your address when you're almost ready."

"Okay," you say, still amazed that this is actually happening.

"Great, see you tonight beautiful."

"See you tonight," you say before Max walks out of the bookstore.