Daniel Ricciardo - Record Shop

This one shot was inspired by the picture you can see above :)

"Thank you, have a nice day!" I say as the customer I just helped walks out of the store with the 5 records he just bought. He told me he was looking for something different, something unusual, so it took me a little while before I found what he was looking for. But when I did, he was as happy as a child.

I glance around the store and just then, the door of the store opens and a young man walks in. He seems to be around my age and I have to say, he's pretty handsome. His dark hair is a bit curly and his faced is unshaved, which looks really god on him. When he sees me looking at him, he smiles at me before walking to the back of the store, where he starts looking through records.

I try to ignore the affect his smile has on me and tidy up the counter a little. When I look up to check if everything is still going well, I catch the guy looking at me. I smile at him and he returns the smile. He keeps looking at me and I start to feel a bit uncomfortable. His dark eyes seem to look right through me. I look down and fumble with a pen in my hands. I feel like a high school girl with a crush on the popular guy.

This is so stupid, I'm a grown up woman who shouldn't feel awkward if a guy seems to be interested in her. Even if that guy is really handsome. I make up my mind and I look up to see the guy is still looking at me. I take a deep breath before making my way over to the guy.

"Hello, can I help you with something or would you just like to look around for a bit?" I ask him with a smile on my face.

"I was just looking around for a bit. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, just curious if there might be something I'd like," the guy says before looking through the records again.

"And have you seen anything you like so far?"

"I have," the guy says as he looks straight into my eyes, making me blush. It's pretty clear he isn't talking about records anymore. Well, two can play this game.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen anything like it before so I didn't expect to find it here."

"Must be something special then."

"Seems that way," the guy says, a smile on his face. I smile back at him, but don't know what to do next. I want to know more about this guy, but I don't know how to learn more about him with seeming creepy.

"Have you worked here a long time?" the guy asks to my relief.

"A little over a year, but I before that I came here a lot."

"Oh that's awesome!"

"Yeah, it is. What about you, have you been here before?"

"No, I'm just visiting here."

"Oh that, nice. Holiday?"

"No, work."

"Oh, what do you do?" I ask curiously as the guy starts looking through the records again.

"I'm a Formula 1 driver."

"A Formula 1 driver?!" I ask surprised and the guy nods.

"Yeah, pretty unusual, I know."

"It is. So you're like, famous?"

"Not very much apparently because you don't seem to know me."

"I'm not really a sport's fan."

"Well, then I better introduce myself. My name is Daniel, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you to, I'm Y/N."

"Beautiful name," Daniel tells me, making me blush slightly.

"Thanks," I say as Daniel smiles at me.

"So, Y/N, got any recommendations for a guy like me?"

"I don't know."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know you, like at all."

"Oh right," Daniel chuckles, making me smile and mentally sigh in relief that he didn't think I'm a weirdo.

"Yeah," I say, hoping he'll understand that I want to know more about him.

"Well, I can't distract you at work, can I?" Daniel says, confusing me. Guess I interpreted his actions the wrong way.

"No, I guess you can't," I say and I know I sound a little disappointed. Why did I expect that a guy like that would be interested in me?

"So I guess I'll have to take you out some time so we can get to know each other. Because I do want that recommendation."

"What?" I ask surprised as Daniel took me completely by surprise.

"Unless you don't want to," Daniel says, sounding a little less confident than before.

"No, no, I do. I just didn't expect you to say that."

"Why not?"

"I don't know, guess I just didn't expect that a guy like you would ask a girl like me to girl out."

"What do you mean? A guy like me? A girl like you?"

"You're a famous F1 driver and not to boost your ego or something, but you're pretty good looking. I'm just a normal girl who works in her local record store and lives in a crappy apartment."

"So? I don't care if you live in a crappy apartment. You could live underneath a bridge for all I care! You seem really nice and sweet and I'd really like to get to know you better."

"I don't live underneath a bridge, don't worry."

"Ah, good to know. So what do you say, dinner tonight?"

"I'd really like that," I say, making Daniel smile widely. Gosh, his smile is so amazing, it makes me smile as well.

"Great, I'll pick you up around 6 then?"

"I finish at 4, so I can do that."

"Where should I pick you up?"

"At my apartment, I'll text you my address."

"Okay, hang on," Daniel says as he takes his phone out of his pocket. He gives it to me so I can put my number in, which I do. I hand it back to him with a smile on my face.

"I'll text you so you have my number and you can text me your address. I'll pick you up at 6 and we'll go to some cool restaurant."

"What should I wear?"

"Just something casual, the restaurant won't be too fancy."

"Sounds great!" I say, making Daniel smile.

"Awesome, I can't wait."

"Me neither."

"Okay, I should get going then."

"Not buying any records?"

"I'm waiting until after our date, so I can get that recommendation."

"Okay, I'll be waiting for that then," I say, making Daniel smile even wider. I swear, his smile is endless.

"Great! I'll see you tonight," Daniel says before leaning down. He gives me a kiss on my cheek, causing shivers to run down my cheek. I can't believe he has such an effect on me.

"See you tonight," I say after Daniel leans back. He smiles at me once more before walking out of the record shop. During the rest of the day, I count down the minutes until I finish for today. I don't know what it is, but something tells me tonight will be the start of something new, something very special.

This one shot was requested by VettelFerrari, thank you for requesting and I hope you liked it!

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Also send along a link to your favorite picture of the driver you want the one shot to be about and I'll add it to the story :)

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite