Marcus Ericsson - Bad race

"Baby, calm down," I call out as Marcus storms to the back of the garage. He just dropped out of the race as his car stopped working, much to his annoyance obviously.

"Go after him," I hear someone behind me say. I don't even check to see who it is as I know Marcus needs me right now. I go after him and find him in his room.

"Marcus?" I say softly, making him look up.

"Hey," he says, looking back down again.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I walk into his room. I sit down next to him and lay my hand on his knee.

"No, I'm not."

"Talk to me."

"I just really wanted this to be a good one. It's the first race of the season, why couldn't it just go well?"

"I don't know," I sigh, feeling bad for Marcus. He was really hoping to start the season of right, but that hasn't happened.

"Even Antonio is doing better than me and he didn't know he had to drive until yesterday! What does that say about me?"

"It doesn't say anything about you. This was just bad luck, there was nothing you could've done to prevent this. It's not your fault. It could've happened to any other driver."

"I guess that's true."

"Don't beat yourself up Marc, there are 19 more races this season. Focus on that, not on this race. Sure, it would've been nice to have a good start to the season, but that's life. Sometimes it sucks."

"I really don't know what I would do without you Y/N."

"Good think you won't have to find out," I say, making Marcus smile. He gives me a quick kiss before he gets up and starts taking his racing suit off.

"Wow, what are you doing? I mean, not that I don't want to. But really, here? Anyone could walk in!"

"Y/N, I'm just changing. I need to do some interviews," Marcus says, not even trying to stop himself from laughing. I look down as I blush.

"This is awkward," I mumble to myself. But just my luck, Marcus heard me.

"Don't worry, we can do that later in the hotel, if you really want to. Which it seems like you do."

"I hate you."

"No, you don't," Marcus says as he continues to change into his team clothes.

"Yeah, you're right."

"I love you too Y/N. And I'll be back soon, don't really feel like doing interviews anyway."

"You'll be fine, just try to stay positive."

"I'll do my very best," Marcus says as he finishes getting dressed.

"Good, I'll be waiting here."

"Don't miss me too much."

"I'll try," I say, making Marcus chuckle. He gives me a soft kiss before walking out of his room, towards the press area. I watch him walk off, feeling bad that he now has to talk about dropping out of the race when he feels so bad about it. That's the downside of all of this I guess. But I know Marcus and I know that by the time we get to China, he won't be thinking about today anymore. He'll just be thinking about that race and how he can do the best job possible. Because that's how he is. And that's why I'm so proud of him.

This one was requested by HannahHassall, thanks for requesting and I hope you liked it! Sorry it took a little longer and sorry it's not that long :/

If you want to request a one shot as well, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Also send along a link to your favorite picture of the driver you want the one shot to be about and I'll add it to the story :) I'm posting on Monday's when there was no race weekend. If there was one, I'll be posting a one shot in my other one shot book: One shots - Formula 1 - 2017 season

Love Evy
Instagram: readracewrite
Twitter: readracewrite