-40-

Sebastian POV-

I watched with wide eyes as Morgan tackled the Principal.

"Gotcha, fucker!" She shouted triumphantly.

No... This wasn't right. Something felt wrong.

"MORGAN...!" I shouted, reaching for the human I've come to feel like an older brother towards. Her icy blue eyes widened and she reached out her hand.

I caught it, but not half a second later, the two vanished, leaving Morgan's glove in my hand.

They disappeared?! I thought in alarm. I can't even feel their presences! The only way that could be is if...

I sighed and straightened up, clenching my missing companion's still warm glove in my hand tightly. "Perhaps you have returned to the grounds, Morgan..." I mumbled, begging in my mind for her to return to our young master.

-/-/-/-/-

Morgan POV-

I looked around at my surroundings and raised an eyebrow.

Black.

Everything was black, like I had been hurled into some sort of abyss.

Where was I? Why did everything feel so hazy around me?

A cackle suddenly ripped out around me, echoing off of non-existent walls, making it impossible to pinpoint its point of origin. I whipped around to try and see who it came from, but only blackness greeted me.

"Who's there?!" I called out, storming off in a random direction, then turning back to go the opposite way. "Who are you?!"

"Ah ah ah!" A male voice 'tsked'. "Patience, my dear. It's a virtue." It let out a cackle again, and I covered my hands with my ears. It was the same cackle from earlier this morning.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" I repeated.

The voice sighed and I felt a pair of strong, yet gentle arms surround me. I gasped and struggled to free myself, but to no avail.

My legs began to wobble as all my energy decided to be a bitch and just leave me defenseless, and the man gently lowered me to the ground, cradling me in his arms like a child.

Invisible strands of what felt like long, silken hair fell around my frame in waves and I felt my eyes begin to flutter shut.

I could still see nothing but black, but I knew my vision was fading.

I attempted a meager punch to where I assumed his face had to be as my last act of violence before I lost consciousness.

I groaned as the sounds of far off cheering woke me, as well as something hard making my back hurt like a bitch as I lied on it.

I cracked my eyes open and stared up at the deep orange and pink painted sky.

Where am I? What time is it? The last thing I remember was trying to grab Sebastian's hand...

I slowly propped myself up onto my elbows and stared at my surroundings. I was on top of Violet house.

Ooookay...

I got off the roof and immediately ran to my dorm room, seeing how I was still in my footman uniform. After finding and donning a cloak, I walked around the gothic building for a while, wondering where the heck everyone was. By now the sun had set.

I looked out a window that faced the Thames and raised an eyebrow as I saw lights coming from around it. I opened the window and gasped dramatically as the distant sounds of cheering and music playing caught my attention.