-17-

Morgan POV-

"NOOO!"

In an instant, I was swept off of my feet just as my legs gave out beneath me.

I found myself clinging for dear life in Snake's arms as he ran around, carrying me bridal style and desperately searching for an exit.

I was panicking by the time we got back up with Ciel and Lizzy. My breaths were coming out in short, shaky gasps.

I was hyperventilating.

Our backs were to the crates.

We were going to die.

The tears began to slip from my icy blue eyes as the undead surrounded us.

"Snake! Get Lizzy and Morgan atop the luggage crates! Quickly!" My master shouted, firing his gun at the creatures of hell and nightmares.

Snake nodded and set me down on the ground for a moment.

"No, don't leave..!" I sobbed, clutching at his arms desperately. "Don't leave me here to die..!"

He tried to take his arms back, but fear was giving me an iron grip.

Suddenly, he was kneeling in front of me, clasping my sullied face in his hands and keeping a steady and calm gaze aimed into my eyes.

"Morgan Donnelly, you will not die. I'll be right back. I promise."

"Y-you p-promise..?"

"I Promise."

With that, he placed a rushed kiss on my forehead before hurrying to get Lizzy atop the crates.

I curled up into a protective ball on the floor, rocking ever so slightly and clenching my eyes shut in the hopes of waking up suddenly in my room, the only thing dangerous being exposure to paint fumes. But of course that was never gonna happen.

It felt like an eternity after when a pair of hands grabbed my bare shoulders. I screamed and began to thrash about, my eyes still clenched shut in fear.

"Morgan! Calm down, it's me!" A familiar voice called as my wrists were held together by one hand and the other cupped my face, wiping some of my tears away with a gloved thumb

Snake helped me climb onto his back and I clung to him like he was life itself.

As he climbed up the crates, my bad foot caught on something and twisted my ankle. I shreaked in pain, but didn't dare let go.

Landing on the top of the giant crate that held Lizzy, Snake tried to set me down, but I wouldn't budge.

"CIEL!!" I heard the little blonde girl scream. I didn't dare look down, but Snake's jostling around made me want to rethink that for just a split second. My fellow footman reached an arm down over the edge.

"Smile! Come quickly while we're restraining them! -Says Oscar."

Pretty soon my master was standing atop the crates with us, pointing his gun down at the hordes.

When I finally got the courage to see how many of them there were, I looked over the side and suddenly found my voice again.

"HOLY SHIT! HOW MANY OF THEM ARE THERE?! SOMBODY SAVE US! I DONT WANNA DIE YET!'

I was actually crying in pure fear as I clung onto Snake, my once pristine dress now tattered to ribbons and stained with blood, some of it mine.

"SHUT UP!" Ciel shouted to me as he tried shooting at them and protecting Lizzy at the same time.