-3-

Sebastian POV-

I sniffed the air. What is that smell? It was revolting, like paint fumes.

Quickly, I made my way down to the servants' quarters and towards Quincy's room, sensing that it was the source of the smell. Yes, I knew that mister Quincy was actually a female, thus the separate room.

I reached her door and knocked.

"Quincy? It is Sebastian. What are you doing in there?"

No reply.

I knocked again, this time a little louder and raising my voice.

"Quincy?"

Still nothing.

I checked the doorknob. Unlocked. Good.

I turned it and stepped inside. What I saw shocked, disgusted, and amazed me. The pristine white walls of Quincy's new room were now a shade of red that would have sent the reaper Grell into a frenzy. All around the bottom of the four walls, she had painted black, thorny, rose vines that seemed to crawl up the walls and reach the tops of them. The floor had been painted black and appeared to be dry, while the ceiling was red. Again, it seemed dry. Quincy's back was turned to me and she was spraying black roses on the walls in areas that lacked much decoration with that canned paint that she kept in her bag.

After staring at it all with wide eyes for a minute or two, I noticed that she had not even reacted to the fact that I had entered the room.

"Quincy?"

No reaction.

I raised an eyebrow. Is she ignoring me? She was not deaf, I knew that for a fact.

I sighed exasperatedly and moved towards her. "Quincy." I rested my hand on her shoulder and she jumped before spinning around to face me.

Her nose and mouth were still covered, probably to protect herself from the fumes, and her icy blue eyes were wide in shock and fear. I furrowed my brow as I watched her take two wires out of her ears. We're they the reason she could not hear me?

"Dude!" She exclaimed. "Don't you fuckin' scare me like that!"

I reached forward and grasped the wires in my hands. "What are these?" I wondered. She gave me a grin that I probably would not have noticed had it not been for her eyes, and stuck the things in my ears.

My eyes flew wide in shock as music filled my head from the two wires.

It was unlike any music I had heard before. A man was singing something about how 'it's not too late, it's never too late' and the music playing behind him sounded almost demonic, completely unlike the classical music I was used to.

I loved it.

I took the wires out of my ears and handed them back to Quincy. "What was that?" I wondered in awe. In all the years of my devilishly long life, I had never heard something like that.

She grinned again. "The song is called Never Too Late, and it's by Three Days Grace. They're my favorite band."

I nodded in understanding, even though I did not understand at all, and checked my pocket watch. "It is 2:15 in the morning, Quincy. I suggest you sleep now. We will be having guests tomorrow."

She nodded. "Alright. Wow, I didn't think I would get done this early..."

My face stayed emotionless as I exited her room, but I had to admit; I really liked how she painted it...

-/-/-/-/-

Morgan POV-

I stood in the doorway of the mansion and greeted people as they entered.