fourteen

"Morning," he mumbles into my ear as he hugged me from behind.

I lightly smile, "sleep well?" My mouth was stuffed with the breakfast Lisa prepared that morning.

"I guess," he takes some food off of the serving plates with his fingers making me giggle.

"Well at least you had fun last night. I got stuck being the designated driver, so I couldn't drink and get shit-faced like everyone else."

I laugh, shaking my head.

"By the way, I need to talk to you." Grayson adds, pointing at me. I furrow my eyebrows, obviously confused as to why he had something to say.

Ethan, of course, was too busy munching on his food to hear that Grayson said that.

I just nod my head, following Grayson out of the kitchen and into the living room which was quite far from ear-reach from Ethan and his mom.

I cross my arms over each other, raising an eyebrow as I waiting for him to talk.

"What is this?" Suddenly my big girl intimidating act was washed away when he pulls out the positive pregnancy test, and I'm left speechless.

"Well?" He asks again, getting impatient.

"That's not mine," I try to come up with a lie, but obviously it doesn't work when Grayson scoffs.

"So you mean to tell me it's Ethan's? Carter, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out this is yours."

I sigh in defeat. I was embarrassed. And I'm not even sure why. Was it because the guy who had or has a crush on me figured out I'm pregnant and his twin brother is the one who did it?

"Don't tell Ethan," I say, "at least not yet."

"I wasn't gonna," he shakes his head, "I don't want to be the one who tells him when the one who tells him should be you."

"I'm really scared," I admit out loud.

"I know.." he says, "I can see it in your facial expressions," he chuckles.

"He's going to college..." I say sadly, "this is gonna ruin him."

"That's not true. He loves you more than anything."

"Not enough to ditch Princeton. It's an Ivy League. He has to go. It's been his dream since forever."

"I mean, from here to Princeton, it's like an hour drive..."

"Grayson... I live in Australia."

I stay silent for a moment before I reply with, "what if it stresses him out?" I furrow my eyebrows, "he'd have to live with the fact that he's going to college and supporting a baby too." I say, "isn't that too much?"

"You tell me."

"Grayson, you're the only person who knows. For now, I need to keep it that way."

He nods sincerely, "you'll get through this. You're the strongest girl I know," he chuckles trying to lighten the mood.

I nod, trying to keep myself stable. I'm freaking out on the inside. I don't know what everyone will think of me.

"Carter, I'm going to the store to pick up some stuff, just thought I'd let you know." Ethan shouts from the other room. I reply with an okay before groaning and plopping onto the brown leather couch.

ETHAN'S POV

Pizza? No pancakes. Ugh but I just had pancakes. This decision is so hard!