21-Restore

Tetsuya's POV

Restoring Kaya's energy is hard. She's been back for a week. Our Doctor has been tending to her very often. On her thigh, it'll be a permanent scar. I want to ask her what caused it... But I don't think it's right to.

Kaya walked into the kitchen. Her hair was down. She had on a baggy dark green t-shirt and large black sweatpants. I stared at her as she shook her head to hide her face behind her hair. She's been hiding her face from me a lot recently.

I'll own up to it. I placed my hand on her head, "Kaya." I could barely notice she looked up at me because her hair covered her eyes. I bit my lip and said, "Kaya... What caused the scarring on your thigh?"

Kaya grabbed my shirt and made a fist, "You'll hate me..."

I rubbed her head, "I won't Kaya. I promise you."

Kaya placed her forehead against my chest, "That guy with the scary grey eyes..."

I felt my right hand wrap around her back and my left one make a fist, "What'd he do?"

Kaya's voice went quieter, "Stop it you're being scary..."

Oh, I raised my voice... I sighed and my fist stopped, "I'm sorry Kaya. I didn't mean to raise my voice." Kaya nodded her head yes. I sighed, "But will you please tell me what he did?"

Kaya took in a deep breath, "He heated up... A metal rod... Then he put it there... Th-there... And it burnt, he held... Held my leg down... Against it... It really hurt. I actually... I-I cried."

I gently ruffled her hair as I glared past her head at the wall. Myon you are so despicable. I then gently kissed her forehead. I sighed, "He's terrible. I'm sorry sweetie."

My goal at the moment is to restore Kaya's willpower, not worry about Myon. I moved Kaya's hair away from her face. Kaya's eyes met mine. She looks worried.

Kaya gently pulled away from me and I let her. She grabbed a pack of strawberries. As she walked back past me I kissed her cheek.

-----1 year later-----

Kaya and I sat beside each other in the movie theater. Kaya had her head on my shoulder. A little while ago on our one year anniversary, we told the guys about us. And now Kaya is 18 and I'm 20.

Kaya still holds her title of Miss break-in. I think she'll never lose it. Kaya graduates in a few months. I've thought about after graduation proposing to her.

I glanced over at her while she was giggling. I don't see what's that funny about this movie. Her thigh did end up scaring. Which is bad. I hate Myon so badly for it. He's so terrible.

Myon died in a gang shootout six months ago. I'm strangely okay with my cousin being dead. So Kaya has nothing to fear anymore. I'm right here for her.

-----

I stood beside Ritsu in a jewelry store. I sighed, "Kasanoda, you really shouldn't help me. I can do this."

He sighed, "Fine, she's a size 7." Kasanoda walked out of the store.

Kasanoda gave me his blessing to ask Kaya to marry me. So here I am trying to find a ring. To marry the girl I love. I hope she says yes... I picked out a small 2 karat gold ring with a small tiny diamond right in the center.

-----

Kaya just graduated yesterday. I woke her up at 5 am. I handed her black skinny jeans and a light green t-shirt. Kaya slowly changed then stared at me confused. She slipped into her black tennis shoes and planted a kiss on my lips.

I smiled and pulled her into a tight hug. Kaya mumbled, "What's wrong?"

I said, "Nothing. Just me, you, and Midnight going out for a run."

She giggled, "You're crazy." Little does she know that our dog has a video camera recording on his collar today.

Kaya pulled her hair up into a ponytail and stared at me, "Well come on. Let's go." I put the leash on his collar. Kaya leaned over and gave him a big hug. We held hands and walked out of the syndicate.

-----

I told Midnight to sit and he did. I walked Kaya over to the great big oak, the first tree I ever climbed as a kid. I leaned down and grabbed the black box that was hidden in the tree roots.

I stayed on one knee and opened the box towards Kaya. The look of surprise on her face made me smile, "Kaya Kasanoda, I love you. I love you from the bottom of my heart. Will you marry me?"

Tears started to run down her cheeks as she nodded her head yes. I slowly slid the ring onto her finger. I'm so glad Kasanoda told me her ring size. It's a perfect fit. Kaya pulled me up towards her and we had a nice long kiss.

Midnight started barking and wagging his tail at us. We broke the kiss as we both smiled. I smiled, "Come here, boy." Midnight came running over to us and we both bent down and hugged him.

-----

When we got back to the syndicate Kasanoda automatically came up to us. He hugged me then picked up Kaya and spun her around. Then he glared at me, "I'm happy for you two. But you better not hurt her. Or it'll be me you have to deal with."

I nodded my head yes, "I know Kasanoda."

Kaya shoved Ritsu knocking him off balance and making him step 2 feet back. Kaya sighed, "Don't you dare be threatening him anymore, Ritsu."

Originally Posted: September 10, 2017
Most Recently Updated: March 11, 2021