Twenty: What Does She See Actually?

Ellie's POV

Fortunately, my specially prepared lunch was a success. My girl ended up eating a lot and complaining that she is getting fatter. I just smile and shrug as a reply. She is still perfect even if she becomes chubbier.

Right now, we are lying next to each other on my bed. This is the first time she is lying on my bed and I have this indescribable feeling in my chest. My heart is pounding wildly as we stare into each other's soul.

The corner of her lips is lifted up and her eyes keep wandering around my face. It is making me a little conscious. What if she sees my flaws and decides not to love me anymore? Does love always make people go weak like this?

But, what does she see actually?

"Yes?" I ask when she uses her fingertip to tap on my nose lightly. I find it a sweet gesture.

"You're so cute." She says with a small giggle and traces around my features.

From my eyebrow, down my nose, around my lips, across my cheeks and to my chin. It is a little ticklish but I still let her be.

She sighs, almost inaudibly and my eyebrows crease into a frown. "What's wrong?" I ask in concern.

She looks at me before snuggling closer to me. I open my arms for her and she lays her head on my chest. I am afraid that she would find out my heart is racing like a maniac when I am near her.

"I was just wondering..." she says and paused. I brush her hair with my fingers and try my best to steady my crazy heartbeat. "What if one day, when we age, we don't find each other attractive anymore? Will our love change, then?"

All I can do is picture myself with her, sitting on the rocking chairs, drinking tea and looking at each other as we have no energy to speak for too long. Her long brown hair would have turned grey by then. Wrinkles would form all over my once youthful face. But I am certain that there is one thing that will not change.

"No. Love doesn't change. It is always there." I pause. I listen to the soft breathing from her as I take in another deep breath. I see her head rise as my chest heaves up. "You don't see your parents telling you that they've stopped loving you, do you? You don't see yourself saying that you've got enough of loving your own parents, do you?"

She keeps quiet for a moment before she pushes herself up.

I notice a smile on her face as she gets up. "Sometimes, I wonder if you're really just a college student. You're even more mature than most of the people in my school." I grin as I listen to her. "And that's what I like best about you."

"I have to be mature, right? If not, you'de be like taking care of a younger sister instead of a lover. I don't really want that." I admit.

To be honest, I am not anywhere near mature. But when I am with her, all my sense come right in place. I become more rational, perhaps it is one of the power of love.

"So...are you telling me that you're acting mature? That's not good, Ellie. C'mon, call me sister." She teases me once again. I roll my eyes and get up too. I lean my back against the bed post and she crawls next to me.

"You're so adorable when you're angry." She says and pinches my cheeks.

I turn away and she straddles on mu thighs. "Don't be angry?" She pleads cutely.

I look at her and my heart melts when I see her puppy eyes with a small pout on her lips. "You...better not do it again." I pretend to hiss and tackle her down.

She falls to the side and I hover on top of her. She giggles quietly and tries to push me away by my shoulders but to no avail, as gravity is with me.