Chapter 8: Screwed Either Way

The beams of light cascading through my window force my eyes to open against their will. After yesterday, I just want to lay here in my bed, not moving another muscle until I can feel my legs again. On top of that immense work out I endured yesterday, I had to board all the way back home since I didn't want to deal with the guys. My initial theory was right; its a pain in the arse. I actually made my already sore legs worse.

And on top of that, I forgot to talk to Rosaria. I was so pissed that I just walked off without a word to her. I don't know if Spaniards take offense to that, I know this french girl I once dated had, but she still has some unknown parts. Hopefully she understands and will still be meeting me later on at Arnie Weston's party like we originally planned. That is, if my damn legs will get me there.

Theres no way in hell I'm walking so I'll have to find a new ride. I'm not going with Wesley; I'm still a little heated from yesterday and I don't want to deal with any of the other blokes either. I have other people in mind but we're not close enough to borrow each other's vehicles. I'd be fine with using theirs but not too sure if I would return the favor if they asked. Theres no way my dad would let me, maybe my mum's car?

Let's see, I haven't messed anything up lately, I've been good with my chores, did my work, home on time- minus yesterday- but was excused, and I helped with a big dinner this week and with the twins. I think I'm deserving of this special privilege.

"Lou," my mum calls, knocking on my door. "Time to get up love, its nearly noon." I hear her twist the knob to my door and the creak of its opening.

Her graceful smile appears from the other side of the door as she peeks her head inside. Followed by her, are two heads of similar size peeking through as well. All three of their eyes glimmer and I find myself with the strength to endure the rushing of munchkins coming to tackle me on my bed.

"Morning Lou Lou!"

"Hey girls-" they knock the wind out of me when one plops their bum on my chest and the other on my crotch.

My mum cringes, seeing the pain they've caused me and tries her best to stifle her laugh as she gathers them off me.

"Mummy, whats wrong with Lou Lou.." Lily says, "he was happy just a second ago." Leah finishes.

A giggles escapes my mum's mouth. "Oh he's alright girls. His ego's just a little..busted."

"Whats an ego?" They ask. My mum just looks back at me. "I'll tell you both another time." She says sweetly and pats them on the head. "C'mon girls, let's let Lou Lou get dressed."

"Okay." And like the obedient monsters they are, they follow her instruction and leave the room, one after another.

"I'll be back in ten to check on you Louis. Make sure you're up. You wouldn't want to miss that party just 'cause you wouldn't get out of bed, would you?" My mum smirks and exits the room.

~

"So explain to me again why you need to use my car?" My says, fixing some tea.

"To drive to this party tonight."

"Why cant you ride with Wes, is he not goin' as well?"

"Yeah but I like our car better." I lie. Wesley's restored convertible beats ours by a long shot.

"No you don't."

"Yea.." I mutter. "Okay, he's been a real dick lately."

"Louis!" My mum scolds me, and pops my head. "I meant duck." I say, correcting my self. "So can I use the car? I'll treat it with respect and have it returned just how it left."