Chapter 1: You Again

So this is like dummy guide for my fellow Americans cause I had no clue as well. Still can't remember have the time either:

trainers= shoes

Sixth form= fancy word for more school biz

Footy, football= soccer

Oi= its like saying, hey!

ALSO THIS BOOK IS UNEDITED AND MAY HAVE SOME MISTAKES HERE AND THERE WITH SOME OF THE TERMS. I wrote this years ago, I'll try to find time to correct it but you'll just have to bear with it for now. I don't need the constant reminder that instead of saying "oi" it says "oui" most of the time. Oh well. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

"Mum where's my trainers?" I call out through our house. "Ya know, the green ones!"

"Outside! They were muddy and I didn't want them in the house!" She calls back. "Now stop yelling!"

"Yea Louis, stop yelling!" My little sisters say, mimicking my mum. They're little twerps, but I love them just the same.

I slide on my grey joggers and a T-shirt, grabbing a beanie on the way out of my room. A pair of my tennies were in the hall so I put those on too. I grabbed my skateboard and rode it through the house, snatching a bag of chips from my sister as she sat at our dinner table. "Later!" I called out, unlocking the door and stepping out.

"Louis!" My mum shouts just before I close the door. "Rinse off those nasty things before you wear 'em!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I close the door and rest my skateboard on the steps. I jog over to the other side of the house, using the hose to rinse off the rubbish on my shoes.

"Good as new." I congratulate myself. With that done, I was on my way to meet my friends in the field nearby. We were going to play some footy; it being the last day we would be able to freely.

Today was the last day of our summer holiday. Tomorrow I'd start sixth form at St. Malvore's. I would be joining their football team and wouldn't get to play for fun, but competition. So now I was going to fool around with my mates while I still could.

I spot my friend Ryan flailing his arms around. I wave back, thinking he was saying hi. He yells something to me but the distance is too far for me to make out what he's really saying. I was too consumed in trying to figure out why he was so animated that I didn't notice the girl walking in my path, balancing the boxes she was holding. Well...until I knocked her down.

"Oh, sorry." I scramble off the ground, lifting the the box off the toppled girl. I wouldn't have felt as bad if it hadn't rained earlier and made the ground all muddy. Unfortunately, she happened to land in one...face first.

I lifted her by her forearms, not wanting to get any of it on myself. This was a new pair of pants I'd bought and I didn't want them filthy just yet. They cost me twelve pounds and I'm already broke as it is.

She was covered with dirt from head to toe on her front side. I tried to contain my laugh but she resembled a chocolate troll and I couldn't help myself. It was so bad, I couldn't even make out her face.

"I'm so glad you could find humor in me being drenched in this shit!" She exclaims irritably.

"Hey, at least I helped you up." I laugh. "I could've left ya." Only reason I didn't was to revel in her hideous state and make it a great story later. The lads would love to hear this.

"Oh, I'm so lucky to have been trampled on by you other than a real gentleman." She sarcastically remarks, whisking the mud off her hands.

"Oui, watch it!" I warn her. She almost had it splat on me.