11

Lauren's POV

The ground is tough as I dig the heavy shovel repeatedly into a spot in the hill behind my house. It takes a while, but I finally figure its deep enough and drop the shard in the hole. I'm getting all dirty from this but I don't care. I just need to get rid of this thing.

I had just started piling the dirt back into the hole when I hear a car door shut. Shoot! Aaron's here already! I totally lost track of time!

I don't have time to change, but I quickly finish filling in the hole and hide the shovel behind our fence.

I'm just running back in our back door when Aaron rings the doorbell. I open the door and he's standing there looking extremely handsome.

"Hey! You look- why are you so dirty?" He asks, laughing.

"Come in!" I say, ignoring his question.

"These are for you." He says, holding out a bouquet of flowers towards me.

"They're beautiful." I say, smiling. I pull him in for a kiss. His touch makes my skin feel on fire. I grudgingly pull away, not wanting the moment to end.

"I need a shower." I say.

"Cool! I'll join you." He says, smirking.

"Shut up" I say laughing, trying to cover up my blushing cheeks. "Find a movie and I'll be down soon."

"Fine." He pouts playfully as I run up the stairs. Once again I peel off my dirty clothes and step into the warm spray of water. I watch as the dirt washes away down the drain, rinsing my tears away with it.

•••

After my shower, i brush my hair and try to decide on an outfit. I decide on my pink bra that may or may not peek out through my blue shirt that my mom always complained was "too revealing"), and my black shorts.

I practically bolt down the stairs to see Aaron has made popcorn and picked out my favourite movie, The Hunger Games.

"I know, not a very romantic movie but I thought you would like it- woah. You look... woah. " he says, blushing.

I blush back. "Thanks. And I love it." I say and kiss him on the cheek. We curl up together on the couch and start the movie. By 20 minutes in to the movie, I fall asleep with my head resting on his shoulders and his arm around me, protecting me.

A little while later, I am awakened by Aaron nudging my shoulder.

"Hey sleepy head, you slept through the whole movie." She says, smiling. I'm usually the one who yells at him for falling asleep during the movies.

Instead of responding, I lean in and hover inches from his lips, biting my own, teasing him. He closes the gap and kisses me, making my whole body feel like jelly.

His presence makes all my worry and stress and despair float away temporarily, and leaves me feeling like there's hope.

His hand slips under my shirt and I feel his hands sliding down my back. I break away from the kiss, look into his eyes and smile.

"I love you." I whisper, my whole body tingling.

He responds by kissing me gently on the tip of my nose, and standing up, grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs.

~later~

After Aaron leaves, I go straight to bed. It's already 11:00 and I'm exhausted. He always makes me feel so special and so loved, like I'm the only girl on the planet. I brush my teeth, take my memory pills I got from the drug store and sink into my cozy bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dream

"Dare! But this is the last one. I'm so drunk and I should get some sleep!" Meg says laughing.

"Well you're about to get even more drunk because I dare you to chug the rest of your beer!" Sarah exclaims deviously.

"But I just started it!" Meg whines.

"Do it! Do it! Do it!" Sarah and I both chant. Meg slowly picks up her drink and starts to chug. We cheer.

Meg slams the now empty bottle on the ground and cheers.

"Alright, lets go on a beer and snack run." Sarah says.

"Sounds awesome!" I say.

"I don't know guys, I'm pretty drunk already!" Meg says worriedly.

"Come on! The party's just getting started! But I don't want to go alone.... Lauren come with me!" Sarah says grabbing her keys.

"Wait, did you her that?" Meg says, her eyes wide. "There's definitely someone upstairs."

"It's probably just the wind. The upstairs creaks when it's windy." I reassure her. "Let's go!"

"Are you ok to be driving?" Meg asks Sarah.

"I'll be fiiiiiiiiiine." She says.

"Wait, how will we get the beer?" I ask. "We're under age."

Sarah holds up two fake ID's. "Liquor store, here we come!"

----------------------------------------------

I jolt awake.

We should never have left meg alone that night. She had tried to warn us about someone in the cabin but we didn't listen. We are the reason she's dead.

----------------------------------------------
Authors note

Aren't Lauren and Aaron couple goals?! I hope nothing happens to mess it up😈

How are you guys liking this plot? There are some surprises coming up.... That's all I'm going to say! ☺️😋