Chapter 31: Frenemy

ADMIN NOTE:

Is it weird I actually care for Malia? Like she's a fucking fictional character yet I care for her sfm ahaha.

The picture is of Jace btw

Happy Reading :)

• • •

It took us a while to get ready but once we all had our gear and locked up the RV, we set of into the woods, on high alert.

My Dad and Rick were walking way in front, in a protective sort of way while the others and I followed all with our weapons out.

It was weird you know, seeing the woods so unfamiliar, I thought about my home back at Alexandria, no, not Dad's house, but the little wooden shack in the forest, and when Rick and Carl found me... Huh, seems like such a long time ago.

"How you holding up Malia?" Sasha asked me, I liked Sasha, she was so kind yet so nice at the same time, she was the type of person that'd put anyone else before herself, anytime.

"Not good but... I think'll be okay.." I replied, just to get her to stop asking me, but she carried on.

"You know Jesus was one of our best fighters, He was incredible at combat, everyone wanted to be just like him..." Sasha began, smiling a little at the ground, but something about her smile, told me she really missed him, "He could single handily go to get Negan and I'd be confident he could do it... "

"So why didn't you...?" I asked, looking around the forest as we walked.

"Saviours. Jesus was tough. But not tough enough to take on thirty armed men... " She paused, "I don't get it... Why are they... With him..."

"Huh?" I asked.

"The saviours, why do they serve Negan?" She shook her head at the ground.

"Protection. Power." I replied.

"I know but, They still must know what he does is not right, beating-" She stuttered, "Beating innocence people to death... Infront of th-their loved ones..."

Maggie's head twitched infront of us but kept moving, Maggie's partner Glenn... Who was killed by Negan seemed like a great guy, everyone seemed to know and love him.

I nodded, feeling bad now.

"Jesus talked about you a lot you know-" Sasha began, changing the subject, "Blondie" She chuckled slightly.

I couldn't help but smile.

Maggie slowed her walking pace down to join in.

"It's true, he always thought you were special..." Maggie said, in her rich American-country accent, "That's why he saved you."

I gulped a little.

"I never got to tell him how much he ment to me..." I said slowly.

Maggie and Sasha exchanged glances before Sasha spoke. "He knew..."

I smiled a little and dabbed an unexpected tear from the corner of my eye. Without looking where I was going to walked straight into the back to Carol.