Chapter 21: Escaping

ADMIN NOTE:

Sorry for leaving you guys on that cliff hanger, hopefully this chapter will make up for it.

The picture is of Rick & Michonne & Jesus (ignore the guy in the back) at the end of my story!

Happy Reading!

•                 •                 •

I took a moment to really look at them, analysis their facial features and make sure it was really them.

"Come give me a hug, kiddo" he smiled.

It was him.

I ran up and wrapped my arms around his body, his chest vibrated as he chuckled but he gave me a kind squeeze back, it was really him.

Paul Rovia, or as we like to call him, Jesus.

I look up at him in shock and stepped back.

"B-But how..?" I asked, running a hang threw my long locks, this was a habit when I was nervous.

"Once I'd got back to Alexandria, Rick told me what had happened, We didn't stop trying to figure out a plan to get you two out," he paused, "It's just me and Rick in the building, the other are waiting by the front gates in the woods"

I looked down, I felt bad for doubting them.

I glanced over at Jesus who was standing by the door, ear on it, listening out. He nodded to himself then came over to me.

"When I say go, we're running, down the corridor... Don't stop, keep at my heels, We'll meet up with Rick and Daryl by the east window" he looked at his belt and pulled our a small hand-held gun and handed it to me, nodding.

Before I could ask questions, Jesus began counting down.

"3..."

I took a breath, as Jesus locked his hand round the door-handle ready to yank it open.

"2..." he told me, twisting it slightly.

"1."

He open the door quickly, the sound of shouting and clunking of running boots filled the halls, they new Rick & Jesus were here, this made my adrenaline start to pump like crazy.

Jesus took of down the hall, glancing over his shoulder to check on me, I hauled my body forward, sprinting as fast as I could close behind him.

"There over here!" A gruffled voice called from behind us, Jesus turned down another corridor quickly, grabbing my arm to pull me round as bullets fired.

Jesus peered round the wall with his gun, firing multiple bullets at the saviours.

All around me I could here men shouting, I clutched my gun In fear, aiming it down the corridor Jesus was not looking down, I prayed I wouldn't have to shoot anyone.

"Go!" Jesus ordered, giving me a nudge towards the corridor I was facing, I ran down It, my legs ached and heart was pumping but I didn't care, I had to get out.