Chapter 23: Choosing sides

ADMIN NOTE:

I hope everyone had a great easter!

Happy Birthday!

•                •              •

"Bullshit" Rosita called from the doorway, leaning against it her arms folded, "We're fighting this prick-"

"Rosita." Warned Rick, looking at her.

"After all he's taken from us I'm not just running from him like some coward!" she argued, taking a step inside the chapel.

Everyone looked at each other in confusion, not sure whether they agreed or not, I already knew what Dad would choose, to fight.

"Is Jesus okay?" I asked randomly.

She looked at me and nodded but quickly focused back on Rick.

"If you want to flee from him, go ahead" she said, in a sort of sassy way, "But I'm staying and taking that son of a bitch out".

Rick folded his arms and looked at the floor, as if he knew she was right.

From the left of me I heard someone stand up, I looked over to see Tara standing up.

"I agree." She spoke, "Alexandria is our home, we're not just going to abandon it"

Everyone seemed to take this opportunity to stand up and explain their arguments causing yelling all around the room.

"Enough!" Rick bellowed, making me jump.

Everyone fell silent but remained firm and standing up.

"If we leave then it would mean no more deaths, people could stay alive-" Rick began.

"To live a life on the run ?" Asked Carl, he folded his arms across his chest, "My vote is to fight."

Rick breathed in a little and looked down before glancing at Michonne, who pressed her lips together in confusion.

"Okay-" Rick Began, "We'll choose a side, those in favour of leaving Alexandria, finding somewhere new to thrive, away from The Saviours, stand with me,"

He paused.

"Those who want to fight, join the other communities like The Hilltop and The Kingdom in fighting The Saviours, stand with Rosita"

Immediately the stronger speakers like Tara, Carl and Dad went over to Rosita, leaving me stranded along on my isle.

I watched in fascination as the humble Father Gabriel and Aaron gently made their way over to Rick.

Then Morgan went and stood next to Rick, Morgan was a good fighter, but he'd been threw so much it was like he couldn't take any more, along with Carol.

I remained seated still deciding. I couldn't fight very well, but the anger in me made me want too.

Maggie folded her arms and despite the fact she's over seven months pregnant, headed to the fight side, along with Sasha and Eugene.