Chapter 27: Defenceless

ADMIN NOTE:

Sorry to keep you waiting...

Lmao.

•                  •                 •

We Arrived back at Alexandira quite quickly.

As we pulled up to the gates, we could tell Maggie and the others were not back, I kept my fingers crossed we had The Hilltop on our side also.

I stepped out the back of the truck and stood on the pavement waiting to here some orders on what to do.

Rick climbed out the drivers seat and immediately ploughed straight towards the armoury, I wanted to follow but something was wrong.

"Malia?" Someone asked from behind me.

I turned and saw Carol, she had a worried look on her face, my heart started pumping.

"Yes?" I answered, thinking what could be the matter.

"It's Jesus, he's um... getting worse... We need Rosita now." Eugene told me, coming up behind her, I glanced over at the infirmary to see Father Gabriel standing in the doorway, with a cloth of blood.

I nodded and even though I grew sick to my stomach I ran towards where Rick was leading everyone and spotted Rosita talking to him, I tapped her on the shoulder.

She must of been in deep convocation with Rick because she shooed my away.

"Rosita!" I said a little loud.

"Malia, This is serious!" She snapped back, continuing to pay her full attention to Rick.

"It's Jesus! He's getting worse!" I exclaimed, almost on the verge of tears.

Rosita's eyes suddenly dropped and then she turned to me, I ran with her all the way back to the infirmary, turning around only once to see Rick, Carl, Morgan, Tara, Michonne and the other Alexandiran's heading into the armoury.

Rosita flung open the door to see Jesus, lying cold on the infirmary bed table, eyes puffy and red and his leg swollen.

My mouth dropped open a little.

Rosita rushed to his side and pushed his long hair from his face.

"Paul.. Paul... can you hear me?" She asked quietly but in a way sort of loud also.

He murmured a bit, obviously in pain.

She turned around and then started fumbling in the cabinets for something...

Father Gabriel suddenly burst threw the door.

"Malia! Maggie's here, come help me get the gates open" He explained.

I glanced back at Jesus not wanting to leave him.

"Go," Said Carol, helping Rosita fill a syringe with anti-biotics, "Eugene and I will help"

Eugene nodded at me.

I bit my lip but wanting to help I ran with Father Gabriel towards the gates, we both grabbed hold of the heavy metal and hauled it to the side, as a line small trucks drove threw along with some pedestrians, I couldn't help but smile, that Maggie and Sasha and Aaron had been able to successfully persuade them.