Chapter 26: Aftermath

ADMIN NOTE:

Happy reading!

• • •

At that moment in time; as I was charging towards Negan, I wasn't really thinking of the aftermath... Just that what I'd done was a decision... A decision that probably should of been discussed before I made the commitment... To late now.

Immediately I heard Dad and Rick and the others rush after me, firing as well. Negan then ducked, as the Saviours ran infront of him to protect their leader.

Due to the multiple shots Rick and I were firing, Negan had no time to pull out his own gun and fire back, that was until the Saviours started.

I felt a hand grab me and haul me behind a car for shelter as the clashing of the metal bullets hit the bonnet.

I looked to see Carl and Morgan, crouched down behind a car, Morgan was peering over the top cautiously looking for an exit.

"What the hell where you thinking?" Carl told me, ducking his head low from the bullets.

I felt horrible, I really did. It wasn't my call to d what I did, but it felt right.

"Do you know what you've started?" He yelled at me.

This made me flinch and turn my back to him but then I let out a long sigh and turned back to him.

"Yes I do know, and do you know why I did it? To help that little girl, which is more then you would of done... shooting your girlfriend and all..."

I regretted what I said instantly but I didn't have time to process the hurt look on his face before a saviour charged round the car;

I stood up to kick him or hurt him in any physical way possible, when I recognized the face.

It was Jace.

I started at him in confusion and amazement that he'd now become a saviour.

He opened his mouth to say something, looking pretty pissed. That was when Morgan grabbed his spear and slammed it against his head. Knocking him to the floor.

"Over there!" Morgan called, "To the building!"

I looked at Jace biting my lip, I didn't want to leave him there, on the floor, but I had no choice.

Carl sprinted ahead, ducking slightly and ran into a small building type thing.

Morgan followed.

As I got up to run I stopped, the bullets were not firing... the trucks were leaving The Kingdom.

I looked back at the ground where Jace was supposedly lying, he was gone, my eyes trailed round until I spotted him climbing into the back of the truck, starring coldly at me.

I looked at the largest truck occupying Negan, he had his hand out the window, giving us the middle finger as he drove away, with the Saviours... out of the Kingdom.

I pulled the hair out of my eyes and looked around, scanning my surroundings.

A few innocent villagers lay dead in the streets, along with some Saviours.