Chapter 6: Long Time No see

ADMIN NOTE:

Guys this is actually insane, 58 reads? In three days? You guys are amazing thank you so much!

Happy Reading!

———————

"So... Mal-Pal" began Dad, tears forming in his eyes, "Long time no see eh?" he chuckled nervously trying to cover the fact he was melting inside.

Even though i felt like i couldn't move I sprinted towards him before throwing my arms around his shoulders, his strong arms bringing me into his chest. I had found my Dad, Daryl Dixon.

After what seemed like forever I finally pulled away exposing my hot and tearful face to all the Alexandrian's whom had gathered to see what was happening. Most of them shocked, some with tears in their eyes aswell. Dad held his hand up to my face and cupped it gently, "Malia" he spoke softly, "My beautiful baby girl" I smiled at him as he used him thumb to wipe away the tears.

Dad kept me in arms length as he turned to Rick, who gave him a meaningful nod. "You found her?" Dad asked Rick approaching him, "You found my angel?" Rick nodded slowly facing him, as Daryl wrapped his arms round him, as they pulled apart Dad mumbled Thank you in Rick's ear.

I was a mess an emotional mess, i didn't even know half the people who where crowded around me starring in amazement.

I was happy, sad, relieved, scared all at the same time, barely able to contain my emotions.

Rick took this opportunity to welcome me, "Everyone this is Malia, our newest addition to the group" Rick paused slightly, "Daryl's Daughter" Smiles appeared on everyone's faces suddenly, making it impossible for me not to return the grin. I felt Dad's heavy hands place on my shoulder.

My head only up to his chest. I turned to him.

"Where's your house?" I asked him, still continuously smiling, he pointed to a quaint light blue house opposite Rick's. "There" he told me, "You go get your stuff, from Rick's house i presume, and transfer it over" he paused and thought, "theres a small single bed room across from the stairs, that's your room now"

I grinned at him, before hugging him one last time. "See you there in a tick Mal-Pal just gunna talk to Rick for a sec" I nodded and turned towards Rick house before strolling over.

Everything seemed brighter, lighter, happier. Everything seemed to be good, great in fact.

I ran up the stairs onto Rick's porch and poked my head inside just to quickly grab my rucksack hanging up behind the door.

"Malia?" i heard a voice ask behind me, Carl.

Part of me didn't care what he had to say, not that he was a dick, just that I wanted to go see my Dad.

"You got a sec?"

I pressed my lips against each other before brushing my ponytail to the side in slight frustration. "Okay" I said quickly, as we both entered Rick's house and stood awkwardly in the doorway area.

"I just want to apologise for, well being an asshole" he finally spoke, i tutted sarcastically, he wasn't sorry, he just knew my Dad was a member of his much loved community and wanted things to be level with me.

"Whatever," i said rolling my eyes and turning towards to door, i felt his hand quickly grasp mine in order to stop me from leaving.

I turned back round and faced him shaking his hand quickly off mine.

"Look I know you probably think It's cos of your Dad, and don't get me wrong, I'm happy you've both found each other..." he paused and took a breath, i leaned in as if to tell him to carry on, "But i was going to apologise to you when you met Judith an hour ago, that was until you hurried away"

I froze, i didn't really know what to say, I knew things between us weren't going to be all lovely jubley straight away, but I could at least try to be civil.

"It's okay," I said kindly, "Don't worry about it" I turned towards the door and pulled it open before pausing in my tracks and brought my face up in the direction of his...

"And Carl" I began in a soft voice, "I'm sorry about your girlfriend, Enid"

He dropped his head to the floor slowly, but nodded gently at the same time, I felt sorry for him, he was grieving, i get it.

"Me too" he finally spoke.

I exited quickly not knowing what to say before throwing my bag over my back and setting off towards my Dad's cute little blue house.

I couldn't help but sing a happy little song, after all, I'd just reunited with my Dad! My real biological Dad!

A wave of happiness covered me thinking about it again. As I approached his house.

"Welcome Home Malia" I told myself...

———————

ADMIN NOTE:

Okay so i hope you liked that chapter! It was a bit different, a lot more convocation. Please keep in mind i'm no professional writer, so keep rude & judgmental comments to yourself.

Stay tune for the next chapter! Where Malia begins to settle into Alexandira with her Dad, meeting new people and learning about a rival the community have yet to concur, a man named Negan...

Word Count: 894

Love Amy x