Chapter 18: Truth Be Told

ADMIN NOTE:

I can't believe I'm at 800 reads... wow.

Happy Reading!

• • •

Guarding the walls was difficult.

Long hours of staying constantly being alert and starring into the thick brush of the forest. Dad was along the wall from me, almost ever minute he'd glance over at me, in a protective manor.

I'd been equipped with a gun, a small, hand-gun type thing, I liked it. It was light and easy to carry around and didn't seem so intimidating.

"Hey new chick" called a man from down below.

I glance down at him, a saviour.

I think his name was 'John'.

"We saw something move! North!" He called up towards me, another man approaching his side.

I turned around quickly, spotting nothing, but trees and woodland, I pulled a confused face.

"I don't see anyt-" I began but was quickly interrupted by a loud shout behind me, I flinched forward accidentally firing one bullet from the hand gun; it launched into the forest disturbing a few trees and leaves.

I stood utterly shocked.

All of a sudden the men broke into hysterics of laughter.

I turned around sheepishly already sussing out what they had done, made me jump and look like a complete idiot.

"What the hell did you do that for?" I yelled at them angrily.

I saw Dad from the corner of my eye rush over and comment.

"Fuck Of Simon" he said bluntly, grabbing my arms as if to tell me to stop.

"Come on Daryl," laughed Simon, another man from down below, "Your daughter don't know shit about guns? Why she on perimeter check! She should be with the commoners!"

Before Dad could argue back the gates to The Sanctuary (main building) opened exposing a familiar yet angry face, Negan's.

"What the fuckedy fuck is going on!" He thundered, approaching the small group of men gathered beneath me."

Simon smirked and opened his mouth like he going to talk but Dad bravely butted in, I could tell John was scared.

"These shitheads scared my daughter, it was an accident..." he said firmly but somehow in respect in hopes Negan would calm down.

Expect it only made it worse. Negan turned to the men and starred at them angrily, the other saviours where standing behind Negan like his body guards.

Simon backed down immediately, but told him.

"She's a fraud." He told Negan glancing at me, "Don't no pure shit about guns or firing them"

I grew angry.

"They scared me purposely!" I blurted, standing my grown.

I saw John smile behind Negan like he knew I was in trouble.

But instead, Negan turned to David.

"You've been scaring our newest recruit?" Asked Negan, getting in his face.

John shivered.

"Well... Ye- Yes... But she doesn't kno-know... how to fire a gu-gun..." he stuttered, obviously petrified of Negan.