Chapter 16: The Sanctuary

ADMIN NOTE:

Okay so i logged on this morning onto to find over 550 reads on my story! That's crazy! Thank you all so much! And please leave a vote on this because It does take me a while to write each chapter!

Happy Reading!

•             •            •

The truck's heating was up high due to the cold day, I kept my vision focused on the road ahead of us while Negan began to ask me multiple questions.

"How old are you?" He began.

"15" I replied bluntly, "But... It's my birthday on Friday"

"Well hot-diggity-dog!" Negan laughed, "Your turning sweet sixteen?"

My face remained expressionless, I glanced to the right of me and saw Dwight, leaning up against the window, starring out at the passing trees. Ahead of us, was another truck and behind us, three.

"Answer when spoken too," Negan said, snapping me into focus.

"Yes" I replied again with no emotion, I was lucky that he shut up after that small conversation, as all i was thinking about was Dad, and seeing him again.

Then I remembered.

"Enid," I said towards Negan, but still not looking at him, "You killed her"

Negan thought for a moment.

"Who's Enid ?" he chuckled, still driving the truck.

"Carl's girlfriend.. until you killed her," i replied coldly, determined to make him feel bad. Instead he just laughed.

"You don't wanna know what happened to Enid," Negan laughed, using one hand to scratch his head, while the other, still placed on the steering wheel.

"What do-" I asked, but he snapped at me.

"I'll tell you when I think you deserve to know" He said.

I looked ahead of us, seeing a large grey factory type building with large metal fences around, supplying cover, I knew we where here.

"There it is," smiled Negan as if i was ment to be impressed, "The Sanctuary"

I looked at it again, as we grew closer I saw men surrounding the perimeter of the gates on guard, at least 25 of them, this was alarming, the amount of men he had on guard was like the amount of people we had in total back at Alexandria.

We pulled up to the gates as Negan rolled down a window and spoke to the main guard controlling the gate.

"Open up" he said bluntly and the man did as he was told.

Negan parked the car and glanced over at me.

"You try to run and my men will shoot you before you get anywhere close to safety" Negan told me, a cold look on his face.

I nodded with a gulp.

Once Negan had got out I climbed over and stepped out, looking at the titanic building infront of me, this place with ginormous. Steam poured out a giant funnel on the top of the building, they had power.