Chapter 3: "I'm Rick Grimes"

ADMIN NOTE:

I know this chapter will excite you...
you've read the title... let's get right into it!

——————
I could hear their conversation as they walked around my shack, "Someone's been living here" the younger man said, it was quiet.

I could hear them picking up objects and taking them as if they didn't care someone was living here. Sweat dripped from my forehead as i forced my breath to slow down.

"Is that everything?" the father asked, "yeah, let's get going" the son replied heading for the door, they were leaving!

With all my belongings! But do i stop them?

They could easily take me out... but for some reason i just knew they weren't that kind of people, maybe it was just the tone of their voice?

I shuffled irritated and confused, the thoughts buzzed around my head. No. I'm not letting them leave, especially with my stuff, i quickly hauled myself out from under the mattress and got to my feet; spinning round to the doorway to see two shocked but focus men.

Before i could say anything they held their guns up aiming them at me, in panic i raised my hands in helplessness, before forcing words out;

"i..." i began slowly but surely, "i don't want any trouble..."

the father looked me up and down and thought for a second before lowering his gun, gesturing for his son to do the same, he did.

"Who are you?" The father asked shifting from one foot to the other, "Malia" i replied coldly, "and i believe you've got my stuff" the man looked down at his and his son's bag filled to the rim of my belongings and supplies.

"Oh" the father began before taking his bag of his back and taking my supplies out laying them on the floor, he glanced at his son. "Carl..." he began, i looked at the son, as if to tell him to return my belongings.

"Dad, we need this stuff, she's one girl, we need it more, what about Maggie? These antibiotics will help her with the baby pains-" the son carried on talking but i froze, they had more people?

And one of them was pregnant?

Once he'd finished talking i looked at the father hopefully, "return her stuff" the father spoke firmly, the son did as he was told reluctantly, refusing eye contact.

They both thought for a moment then turned away as if to leave, my heart sank, there goes my chances.

Suddenly the older man stopped before turning slowly around back towards me, "how many walker's have you killed?" He asked me as if it were a normal question, i made a noise of confusion, "what's a walker?" I asked back, the father pointed his finger out the window towards a groaner lurking outside, i nodded my head understanding now.

"I don't really keep count..." I replied looking him in the eye,

"I don't kill unless I need too, i stay low, quick, they can't catch me" from the corner of my eye i saw the son scoff and role his eye, what was his problem? "How many people have you killed?" the father asked again, taking in my answers like this was some kind of quiz, i looked at him shocked, "None" i replied abruptly, my head slightly backwards in shock.

The father thought and then asked another question, "why?" I didn't take any time to answer, "You two are the first survivors i've seen in three years"

I saw the man's eyes relax sympathetically, i turned away embarrassed. "Would you like to come with us?" He asked suddenly, my heart skipped a beat, "We have a large community, Alexandria, we've got food, water, housing, people, you'll be safe" Every part of my body was screaming yes.

I needed this, i needed to be able to sleep without one eyes open, i needed to eat something that wasn't mouldy carrots everyday, i needed people, someone to talk to, i needed this.

"Yes, Yes Please" i replied gratefully, the man smiled slightly before turning to his son, "This is Carl, my son" he told me, Carl refused to look at me or notice i was here, I ignored him, before turning and listening to the father introduce himself,

"I'm Rick Grimes" he said with a small smile.

ADMIN NOTE:

Well you got that last line! I threw that in a teaser lmao!!
Stay tuned in the next episode where Malia finally comes face to face with Alexandira, and is welcomed with... well i wouldn't say warm arms...

Word count: 767

Love Amy x