25. fight for me

((Homophobic slur yeah sorry I just like having Evan suffer at this point))((and Connor from the last full chapter oh gosh what am I doing))

Connor still squeezed Evan's hand at school. It was weird not hearing rumors anymore, because though nobody noticed Evan beforehand, everybody noticed and harassed Connor. The rumors have gotten out of hand at one point, treading on the topic of selling their body to the other for money, one being forced to have sex, even one going as far as doing copious amounts of drugs, and Connor was the mere dealer. Yeah, Evan did have a small drug habit since Connor introduced him to pot, but it hasn't gotten out of hand. They maybe smoked together once every other week if that, so Evan convinced himself it was nothing.

But it was coming back now that they were showing more affection like holding hands, Connor hugging Evan's shoulders sometimes if Evan was having a rough day, hugging eachother full heartedly, sitting as close as they possibly could, yeah, that was all pretty gay, but their school didn't accept gay that well.

There was one lesbian couple in the school that were a year or two below them, and they got yelled at to kiss in front of people and that it was hot, but at least that grade had people defending them. Seniors were ruthless.

"Woah, if it ain't the little gays!" A tough, tall guy scoffed, flicking a pointed finger in their direction. Connor's hand tightened around Evan's hard, his other fist clenching.

"Woah, if it ain't the attention seeking bastard who's not confident enough in his sexuality," Connor deadpanned commented, rolling his eyes and flicking loose strand of hair out of his face.

"Do you want to get beaten up?" The boy threatened, taking a step forward and raising a fist, glaring at Connor.

"No thanks, asshole," Connor scoffed. "Already have enough bruises from home, thanks anyway."

Evan looked at Connor, whispering, "What the fuck did you just say?"

"You deserve it," he muttered, smirk raising. "Every last punch."

"Then beat me the fuck up," Connor coldly laughed. "I know you can't."

"Meet me outside at lunch B, I don't care if you have to skip class," the boy scoffed, stepping on Connor's foot and knocking his shoulder into him as he passed, which Connor did not take lightly.

He hooked his foot around his ankles and pulled, sending the guy into the ground.

"Oops," Connor sarcastically added.

The guy grumbled away.

"Are you actually going to fight him?" Evan whimpered, squeezing his hand tightly. "Please don't. I don't want you to get hurt again. And is it true, what you said about your home life?"

"I won't get hurt, I'll hurt him," Connor growled, smirk almost terrifying.

"You didn't answer my question."

"I don't feel comfortable answering your question," Connor stated coldly. "Let's go. We have lunch the same time so you don't even have to skip class if you want to see me kick his ass."

"But what if you get hurt?" Evan whispered under his breath, not even looking at Connor at that point.

"Jake just told muttered something about a fight," Jared popped up almost out of no where, scaring Evan slightly to make him jump. "An then muttered something about a Murphy. He would beat up Zoe, so I'm assuming it's on you two."

"Kleinman, if you spread anything about this I will personally cut your throat out," Connor growled.

"Chill, I gotcha," Jared winked with finger guns.