14 ✮ Beach House Blues PART ONE [W i l l]

Începe de la început

He raised an eyebrow. “You seem very concerned?” He laughed when I glared at him, “Kidding, dude. She talked about you.”

“Really?”

He grinned when he saw my face light up with interest. “This is fun.” He was chuckling until something (or someone) stopped him.

                “Derick, hey.” Scott, appeared near us, with a surfboard in his hand and some sunscreen in the other. He had sunglasses on his face, but even with them on, I could feel him glaring at me. He turned his head to me next. “William.”

                I waved him off, not even trying to acknowledge his presence.

                “Come on, Will. Don’t be such a girl.” He looked over at the surfboard I had in the sand. “How about I challenge you to a mini surfing competition to spice up the morning?” His voice was downright irksome. I wanted to grab his board from his hands, chop it in half, and throw it into the ocean with him alongside.

                “Wasn’t it enough that I beat you last year?”

                Last year, this beach held a private surfing competition and as usual, Scott joined once he found out I joined. He kept sneering and insulting me before the competition to try to get me to lose, but I won. And I would win every single time if it was against him.

                He smirked, ignoring my insult. “How about we change it up this year?” He said. “Instead of winning a trophy, we get a different prize?”

                “No matter what prize it is, I will beat you regardless.”

                “I highly doubt that.” He said right away.

                Derick suddenly spoke out and calmly tried coaxing us to stop the cat fight. “Scott, just leave it alone.”  

                Scott didn’t miss a beat. “Even if that prize was your girlfriend.”

                Instantly, I grabbed him by his shirt and pushed him up against the stone wall of the outdoor bathroom. I could feel my face and body boiling up with anger and I had my hand ready to punch his face when he smiled pleasingly.

                “Typical Will.” He laughed. “Always resulting in violence.”

                “Shut the hell up.” I demanded furiously. “And don’t ever talk about my girlfriend.”

                He forcefully swatted my hand away from his shirt and pushed me away from him. “You shouldn’t really call her that, should you?” I could feel the anger rising up in me and I was ready to lunge at him to hit him, but Derick was holding me back. What the hell was he talking about!? “We both know that I’d treat her better than you.” He pressed on.

                “Bro, come on.” Derick persuaded. Right, he wasn’t worth fighting. He would always have the same annoying personality no matter what I did to his face.

                “I am never giving Shannon to you.” I seriously looked at him.  I grabbed my board irately and walked away from both of them. Derick and Scott were talking profoundly to each other, but I ignored them as I got to Derick’s beach house.

Seething with anger, I placed my board at the front of Derick’s gated beach house and walked down the street to the restaurants and stores near the pier. I was not in the mood to talk to any of the guys at the house.