Chapter 20: This Is The Day

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh course I would Jerome," I replied. He chuckled a little, because he already knew the answer.

-------------------------Time Skip Day Of The Wedding------------------------------

I grabbed Jerome's hand as I dragged him to the car.

"Jerome get in! We have a wedding to get to!" He jumped in my car with me, so we didn't have to take two cars on the way home.

When we arrived at the wedding hall the pews weren't filled with people like most weddings. They were filled with people who supported their marriage. Lots of our friends were there, seeing as they were also the girls friends as well.

On the right side was Skylar's friends and family. The person who stood out the most was her best friend, Danny. He wore a mint tie to match Skylar, as did I.

On the left was Alexi's side, who had one person stand out the most. Her sister Mandy, who was wearing a violet mermaid gown, much like the bridesmaids.

Jerome and I got to be the honorary flower "girls". As soon as the last pedal was dropped behind my heels I could feel a rush of cold air flow up my back. I turn around to see Skylar standing in the door way, dressed in a pure white ball gown.

The bodice was covered in lace. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for lace. Her chocolate brown curls were pulled up into an elegant bun. As for her sight, she had put in contacts im guessing. Her glasses were no where to be seen.

Alexi had a sleek black tuxedo with a violet tie. She was dressed like any groom, but she pulled it off much better. I hope I could look like her on my wedding day. Her midnight black bob was straightened so it looked longer than usual. It was as beautiful as her makeup. It was just her normal makeup but with little flairs added on. Her usual black eye shadow was now transformed into a light purple, unlike the violet she was wearing on her clothing.

After all the vows were said, I stood behind Skylar tear eyed. I looked over at Jerome who had the same expression.

Not to take any attention off of the brides but, I smiled over at Jerome. This is the day. The day I tell Jerome, the day I ask him to be my boyfriend. The day that everything changes.

I already picked out the spot that I'm going to take him. Its a little platform outside the reception hall, where its close enough that we can hear the music but no one can see us. I'll pull him close to me, swaying gently. The dancing will intensify the more into the music we get. I'll let go of him, and ask him. I cant chicken out like I have in the past, because if I don't today I never will.

"You may now kiss the bride," said the priest. Alexi dipped Skylar down and pecked her lips. It was such a sweet kiss. Unlike the make out sesh some couples have. Children usually have to cover their eyes from the scene being layed out in front of you. But the kids in this crown just stared in awe. Probably because they had never seen two people of the same gender kiss, but at least they were respectful.

Skylar grabbed Alexi's hand and tugged her along down the isle to their carriage ride in the parking lot. I looked over at Jerome and repeated the process they took, but instead of a carriage ride we got into my car.

When we arrived at the dining hall or the reception hall I made sure to get a seat by the door so I could get to our special spot quickly.

Once as we were seated the waiters took no time getting our orders. For the menu Jerome and I settled on an Italian styled courses. For the entrees we chose; Classic Lasagna, Stuffed Pasta Shells with mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan or Risotto Milanese. Main dish options were; Salmon and Spinach Fettuccine, Italian Breaded Pork Chops, or Creamy Pesto Shrimp. Finally desserts were chosen as; Tiramisu Chocolate Mousse, Biscotti, or Panna Cotta. 

I chose the lasagna while Jerome chose the stuffed pasta shells with three types of cheese. We decided to share the salmon and spinach fettuccine. And by the end of our course I had panna cotta smeared on my lips. I seductively licked the Italian custard off my lips, while Jerome cracked up at my actions.

Just as we finished our meals the brides took the dance floor and started to dance to their first slow dance together. I grabbed Jerome hand and pulled him out of the room.

"Mitch, why are-" I cut off Jerome by placing my fingers over his lips. He accepts the action and follows me anyways. I drag him to the special spot I had planned out for us. I could still hear the song "come away with me" by Norah Jones.

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song

Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can't tempt us
With their lies

I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high
So won't you try to come

Come away with me and we'll kiss
On a mountaintop
Come away with me
And I'll never stop loving you

And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me

I swayed with Jerome like I imagined I would. The song was coming to an end and I pulled away from Jerome. He looked at me in confusion.

"Why did y-" I cut him off once more. I placed my hands around his waist, and rested them on his hips. I pulled Jerome closer to me, so that now we were Eskom kissing. I closed my eyes and leaned to the right. Jerome replicated my actions and our lips met in the middle. His were soft and warm. I could feel the fireworks flying every where.

I rolled my tongue on his bottom lip. He gratefully opened his mouth. There was no fight for dominance so my tongue explored every part of his mouth. I pulled away leaving a trail of saliva between us, still connecting us even though we were apart once more.

I traced my thumb on his bottom lip wiping the trail away. I looked into his eyes, they gleamed the same way Skylar's did during her vows. Passion, hope, trust, and ever lasting love.

"Jerome, will you make me the happiest man alive, and be my boyfriend?" He grabbed my hands and slightly nodded.

"It would be an honor to be able to call you mine." I pulled him into a tight hug. The song finally ended and I hesitated to go in, but it was much better here. In Jerome arms. He began to leave but I pulled him closer.

"Don't let go," I pleaded.

"Don't worry Mitch. I wont let go."

(( So this is the last chapter of my book I wont let go. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. It was worth it, dontcha think? I do. I love you all.

There still is a shout out to @hitstar7 Congrats!

One last thing. I can either do a sequel to this OR make a new story still revolving around Merome. I have an idea for the other story so don't worry about that. Take a pick down in the comments below!!

And for the last time on this book... ANNNWAAAYS... Read on my little bells! ))