Chapter 12: The Story Behind Us

*JEROME'S POV*

~Time skip 1 week~

I was woken up by someone shaking my arm, im still in the same chair that I was in a week ago. My eyes shot open, only to reveal a fan.

"Jerome?" A girl who seemed to be about 14 asked.

She had the darkest brown hair I'd ever seen. Her makeup-less face, other than foundation, really showed off her icy blue eyes. They were serene, yet filled with a splash of concern. She had a fuzzy purple North Face jacket. Her lulu lemon yoga pants were a light lavender, to show off her jacket. She finished off her look with a pair of black Keds.

"Yes...?"

"Did something happen to... Mitch?" I'm not sure how she guessed, but I could still feels a trace of tears on my face.

"Yes... He- he uh..."

"It's okay if you don't tell me... I understand..." Her head dropped to the floor.

"Not its fine, he-we got into a car accident going back to New Jersey..."

"Oh my gosh, I hope he gets better..."

"I hope so too..."

"Oh and one more thing Jerome."

"What is it?"

"I ship Merome." A smile grew on her face. I could one grow on my face as well.

"Can you keep a secret- uh I don't think I caught your name...?"

"It's Claire... And of course Jerome!"

"I ship Merome too, Claire." As soon as the words left my mouth, she jumped up and down. She almost started to scream, until I sprang out of my seat and covered her mouth with my hand. She instantly calmed down, and grabbed a chair. I patted her hair as if she was a dog.

"I wont tell anyone... I promise," she mentioned before she left. Claire's parents called for her, and she turned around sprinting to them, as she waved to me.

"Bye Claire!"

I looked over at the room Mitch was in. I shuffled over to the window of his room. The doctors still hadn't come out yet. I started to get worried. What if he doesn't come out? What if he- No Jerome! Don't think like that... But I cant help if, he's been in there since last week.

But just when I thought my world was being turned upside down, the doctors and nurses emerged from the hospital room. They walked over to my chair and told me I was allowed to go in, and see him. Just don't "mess" with him too much.

As I walked in, I saw him there. Lifeless. Laying on the bed, hooked up to all sorts of I.V. bags. I sat down in the spinney doctors chair. I spun around the room a few times, just to clear my mind of all bad thoughts before I went to talk to Mitch.

I rolled the chair back over to Mitch's bedside, and grabbed his hand. It was lifeless. Just hanging on by a thread, like his life. I'm so lucky that he didn't die. His hand was cold, and had a slow pulse.

"Hey Mitch." I stroked his hand lightly.

"Everything will be ok-" A tear slipped from my eye. I used my free hand to wipe it away.

"Mitch, I want you to know something... I-I love you. There I said it. Well not directly, cause you're not here with me... even though I wish you were. Every day. Every hour. Every minute. Every second. I wish you were here with me. I miss seeing you smile, hearing you laugh, staring into your endless eyes. I miss sitting down for hours on end, talking on Skype, playing Minecraft.

I still remember when we met. I bet you do too. In fourth grade, you moved to New Jersey from Barbados. Hehe, you walked into class and my eyes laid on you. You and your - red and black checkered sweatshirt. Still have the old thing. We had to make a science project for.. Mr. Markus I think, he paired us up as partners. My heart rushed as you walked over to me. And damn near fell out of my chest when you said my name. You stuttered as my name came out of your mouth. I blush grew on my face, and you giggled as you saw it. I read your eyes and they were the same as mine. From that moment on I knew we would be best friends. But at that time, I didn't know I was in love yet.

As our relationship progressed I began to grow into my feelings. And realize that... I was in love with my best friend. It took sometime to be sure, but once as I was I couldn't let you go. But as eighth grade came, you left New Jersey and moved back to Montreal, Canada. I was crushed, I thought I had lost you forever. Tears fell from my eyes, as you boarded the moving truck.

But as soon as you arrived at your new house, we skyped. Talked all night. I didn't wanna hang up, but we both had school. Your eyes showed it all. You were petrified of walking into that school. But I looked straight at you, and told you everything was going to be ok. In return you blew me a kiss. I felt all the blood I had rush up to my face, and then some. You noticed, and blushed a tad bit too. But after all was said and done, we both logged off, and went to school. Once as we got home, we got back on Skype and talked about life, and how our day went.

After that, it became a ritual. Skype every morning and night. And up to this day we still do. Mitch... I love you with all my heart, im so sorry I didn't say it earlier, and I cant wait for you to wake up so I can hear you again. Please hang in there. For me. Mitch- I.. I couldn't live without you."

Tears falling, and dripping on the floor now. I shutter with every breath, and wipe my eyes. Some of the tears fell onto Mitch's hand. I leaned down, and kissed his forehead. It was cold, but still soft as ever.

"Please-please wake up. I love you, Mitch."

((Thanks for the 400 reads!!!!!! OH MAI GAWD! I say that so much... But it's cause you guys are just SO awesome!! So that's about all I wanted to say. ANNNYWAAAYS... Read on my little bells!))