Chapter 18

Chapter 18

(Owen’s P.O.V)

Readjusting my seat for the fifteenth time during the car ride, I glared at my father through completely wide awake eyes. We took a sharp turn into a trail that led us through the trees up to a large country house. Appearing suddenly, two men greeted us by the car. After going through them, we rounded the corner to see that the house was grey with red shutters that had everything you would expect of a house in the middle of the country. It had a wraparound porch with wooden chairs in the front. My father blew out a breath leaning on his hands that were wrapped tightly around the steering wheel. “It’s been so long since I have stepped foot in this place. Remember we are here to get them to sign a pact with us.”

We waited for someone to come to the door, but my mind was constantly looking at the chair beside me. Taking one step towards it, a man opened the door ruining my dream of getting any sleep. He stood a bit shorter than my height with short brown hair. Beside him stood a short woman with long flowing hair with hazel-like eyes. The man and my father stood there in silence until the man spoke up. “Alex”

“Christian” The woman looked between them then giving Christian a little punch in the side. She extended her hand to my father and he took it. Then she did the same to me. “Why don’t you come in and sit down for breakfast.” My stomach growled at the mention of food, and she laughed. Following them, I saw that the house was full of pack pictures and kids running through the house. The pack wasn’t big either at most it was a medium-sized pack. Coming to the kitchen, the woman laid out some glasses, a pitcher of lemonade along with orange juice.

“Let me get Aunt M, her food is delicious. Play nice.” She warned Christian before heading towards the kitchen through the double doors. He looked towards me for the first time eyeing me up and down. “Your son?” To which my father answered with a yes.

“This is not going to be easy.” He relaxed in front of us sitting down next to my father. “No one else will back you on this pact, but my mate Dana, Aunt M, and I. Just to let you know, I’m only doing this because we need more protection.” My father nodded as he understood, but it irritated me to no end. My father was a very strong Alpha, one that would go above and beyond for anyone who he protects. Why was this man treating him like he wasn’t even capable? My hand gripped the side of my glass that didn’t go unnoticed by my father. Back down, son. I came here knowing exactly that this was going to be hard. There are a lot of hurt people here in the Crescent Peaks Pack. A pain that doesn’t ever really goes away

Dana and an older woman emerged from the double doors stopping all conversations between me and my father. Both of them held plates filled with food laying them down in front of us. Christian stood up and helped. “I don’t think I introduced you all properly.” He pulled the woman who we met at the door close to him and laid a kiss on her temple. “This is Dana my mate.” Christian also wrapped an arm around the older woman and gave her a slight squeeze. “This is my Aunt M. You can call her Meryl.” The older woman smiled warmly as she rested a hand on Christian’s cheek, and then turned to look at us. Her hair was white and pulled into a bun. Her eyes held the same warmth that she looked at her family to us, but I could feel a sense of emptiness there.

“Alpha Alex, It’s a pleasure seeing you again. I see you brought your son, but not Lynette. What’s his name? He looks just like you.” She grabbed my hands into hers and patted them as she gave me a smile. I told her my name.

“I didn’t ask Lynette to come with me this time, maybe on different terms. Hopefully you will meet each other again soon.” My father explained as he began to eat the food on the plate. I also began to eat. Dana was right, Meryl’s food was delicious and I told her so.