Chapter 14

Chapter 14

-----------------------------------> pic of Naya Rivera which I think is great for Rosalind

(Owen’s P.O.V)

I wanted to say that I wasn’t confused, but that was an understatement. That scene kept replaying in my mind like a broken record. She didn’t accept me as her mate, but she also didn’t reject me. A low growl escaped my lips. I wished that I was all in, but something felt weird about her. I have never heard of a wolf being confused of it’s mate, at least that was never a problem. Sure, some wolves reject their mates, but that was bad because they slowly go into a depression until they die.

The forest trees started to blend into each other and I knew it was time to go back. She got on a bus and went away. I didn’t even go follow her. I stopped running and looked up at the pack house. Changing back took more out of me and my footsteps seemed a little heavy when I walked in. As soon as the door opened, I was surprised to see it was actually empty. I grabbed some shorts from the basket at the door and plopped down on the couch. All I wanted to do was sleep, and I closed my eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~Hours later

A scream ripped through the house and I looked to see the person I was going to unleash my anger for waking me up. Tiredly, I sat up to see one of the girls in the pack, who I think is named Elizabeth. With one look at her, she immediately stopped screaming. Instead she gave me another once over. “Owen”

“Who else would it be?” Her eyes widened at my tone, and then she visibly relaxed.

“Do you know how long we have been looking for you?” Her tone rose with every word. I closed my eyes and took a moment.

“It couldn’t have been long, I left last night.” She took a few steps towards me, her eyes running over the state I was in. My hand wiped the side my face and noticed the hair on my face.

“It’s been a month” She had to be joking; I could literally remember what I did with Lana like it was yesterday. My eyes locked onto her frantic appearance pleading for me to realize that it could and was not a joke. She was actually telling the truth.

“A month” I said and I couldn’t believe it.  The words didn’t even seem to be right.

“You took off one day and then we didn’t see you. Your parents sent out everyone to find you. They are worried sick about you. Not to mention your friends. Heck that is what they are doing now.” She reached out and touched my face, almost making sure I was real.

“It didn’t seem like a month though” I said low thinking that she couldn’t hear me, but she definitely did and arched her brow to me.

“What do you mean?” I shook my head. If it was a month then I should have remembered, right? Lana’s image popped into my head.

“Nothing, did you tell them I was here yet?”

“Yes they should be here in a few minutes, but you need to go take a shower you smell rancid.” I sniffed myself and scrunched my face.

“Good idea” I got up from the couch and made my way towards the stairs. I heard pots and pans being looked through and went to my room. In the bathroom, I looked at my face. It was a bit thinner than the last time and a full beard showed on my face. My blonde hair grew out and scattered everywhere. The eyes that looked back at me were not the blue eyes that I grew up with, now in front of me was a irises that looked like a perfect mixture of blue and grey.

When I stepped in the shower, the water washed all the dirt and grime off of my body. I tried to remember what I did in the last month. Every time I tried it seemed like a block would come up and I couldn’t see it. I got out and put on my clothes and headed downstairs to the many faces of my pack staring at me as if they were seeing a ghost.