Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Note: I would have a picture of the new character, but when I think about what he looks like it is always Honey Senpai from Ouran High school Host Club which is weird. If you have any ideas that would be cool.

-Livy

(Owen’s P.O.V)

My paws hit the ground running with no absolute destination. The smell of blood took over and I ran towards it. Blood was on the trees and I could hear small breathing leading me to an open field where a body lays on the ground. I take in her naked appearance and the marks on her body. Her long red hair scattered around her body. My wolf nuzzled her side and pushed her onto her back. Looking at her pale face with wide green eyes staring back at me, I could feel her heartbeat begin to slow down. I wanted to do something.

“Don’t move. She will be okay soon.” I glimpsed at the dark cloaked figures coming around us in a circle formation.  My wolf goes into a fighting stance, but without fear of me a cloak figure comes up and waves his hand in front of me. My vision blurs.

Waking up in a panic, I dipped my fingers deep into the mattress grabbing for anything. What was that about? Fingers ran through my hair as my breathing settled down. Little raps at the door flowed to my ears and I wrapped my legs around the bed lazily getting up and walking towards the door tripping on something on the floor. I bit my lip, but I made a sound anyway. Hitting the light switch, I opened the door seeing no one around. Before closing the door there was a tugging on my pajama bottoms. Raking a hand through my hair and over my eyes, I look down to the child in front of me. His golden brown soft curls covered his face as he concentrated on the ground.

 “You okay” It was a little voice and I quickly opened the door further to see him more. Standing on the outside was one of the children that had to stay in the pack house, since they didn’t have another place to stay. Joseph looked at me with his big Hershey brown eyes holding a bunny rabbit stuffed animal in his hand. He never let it go even though he was about six. It was the only thing he cherished after his parents had died.

“Yeah I’m okay just a bad dream.” He nodded his head.

“What was it about?” He kept his head down not looking in my direction. I tried to remember the dream, but again I was hit with a block.

“I can’t remember. Why are you awake?” I scooped him into my arms and made my way back to his room. He wrapped his arms around me and held on tight.

“You’re the one who made the noise.” His words almost muffled by him talking with his face nuzzled into my neck. His fingers grabbed my shirt clutching it against him. He must have had a nightmare.

“Okay you’re right.” We turned down the hall to where the children had their own rooms and slowed down until I saw the letters J-O-S-E-P-H in big letters curved on his door. The room had a bed and a drawer and a place full of toys. Setting Joseph on the bed, I went to the drawer and got another blanket out of it.

“You want to hear a story.” I ask, but he shakes his head. I placed his comforter over him and ruffled his hair.

“No story then,” I tried not to smile. “Okay. I guess I’ll see ya tomorrow then. Goodnight Joseph” I got up from the edge of his bed trying not give away the chuckle that wanted to come out, but a little hand stopped me.

“Stay please, I’ll hear a story. Don’t leave.” He yelled. I quickly put a finger to my face to shush him while trying not to laugh. His face held different emotions and I immediately felt bad for playing a joke on the kid. I wanted to mentally hit myself.

“Okay, then first thing first. What’s your bunny’s name?” He holds his stuffed bunny with a fierce grip.

“Leo” His soft voice says as he takes his bunny’s hand and waves it at me. Waving back, I noticed that a lot of his toys were spaceships and other spacey things.