Chapter 16

Chapter 16

(Elsie’s P.O.V)

Walking back towards the school, I noticed the gap between us along with utter and complete silence. The air was chilled and the moon basked its silvery light through the woods against the sky getting ready for nighttime. Leaves of different colors stained the forest floor when a huge wind blew across and made them circle around us. I wanted to say something or even reach his hand, but this was new for me. What do I even do? It was plaguing my mind the fact that in one day everything could change and not in a bad way but a good one.

“Elsie” He turned in my direction when I noticed that I have stopped. Hugging my arms around me, I concentrated on the ground. Was this the right thing to do? It couldn’t have been a few months since I first laid my eyes on him. He made me feel unsteady. I am aware of him every time he is in front of me and can’t shake him from my thoughts, but I was scared of the way he was getting to me. Every touch, every word from his mouth, and every look was chipping away at my heart making a way for him. Is this what a mate is? My mind was reeling and I needed for everything to stand still. Something heavy covered my shoulder pulling me toward a hard chest. I could feel his hands circling on my back and I closed my eyes.

Here it felt warm and safe. Not many things were right in my life, but this was right like two puzzle pieces fitting perfectly together. The light tingles spread through my body and I felt happier than I had been in a while. “Are you good?” He whispered as he pulled my hair back and cupped my face.

“Yeah, I am” I meant it. His thumb lightly crossed my cheeks swiping my tears then slowly across my lips. His gaze stayed there causing me to turn my face so he wouldn’t know what he did to me. With his fore finger he traced my jaw slightly pushing my face near his capturing my lips with his. “You are so beautiful.” His words played on my lips and I fell back onto the tree gazing at the way the moonlight hit his face especially against his blue eyes down to his smile. His arms locked me between them, and I held on to him while he teased me with light kisses. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I pulled him near me. I could feel the deep growl vibrate through his chest as a sign of warning. Ignoring him I kissed him hard on the lips and could feel him trying to hold his wolf back. I could feel the power in his hands as he violently pushed me against the tree walking away heavy footed running his fingers through his hair. It caused me to smile.

I ran to him and lifted his arm and wrapped it around me, smiling upwards at him. “You’re going to be the death of me you know that right?” With a small kiss to his arm, I nuzzled up next to him. His lips touched the top of my head as we continued to walk towards the school parking lot.

As we reached the parking lot, I noticed that we weren’t the only ones there. All of his friends stood there with goofy little grins on their faces once they saw us. There was one girl that I didn’t recognize, but she wrapped her arms around Peter glaring at me. I stopped and looked at Owen silently questioning what that was about. In my ear he whispered that they were newly mated and a newly turned werewolf. She was going to be protective and snappy for a while

“Consider this is a surprise party for you two. Peter filled us in on everything. It’s great to finally put a face to the person who left him at a bus station mad, sad, and confused.” One of the twins said while he winked in my direction causing the girl with red hair to hit him in the head. “Nice to meet you, Lana right? My name is Livana and that stupid guy over there is my mate Ash.” She got up and headed to my direction and pushed Owen out the way to give me a hug.

“Umm…” Could it be okay to tell them the truth? I looked at Owen.

“It’s up to you, but these people will be the members of your pack and plus I trust every single one of them with my life even Ash.” He said as he hooked around Ash’s head and locked him there messing up his hair. After he let Ash go, everyone’s eyes turned to me.