As we reached the entrance, the man stopped and turned to me.

"Please enter, it's unowned property." I jokingly let out a hiss at the human as I passed him. I opened the double doors with a loud bang. The human followed close behind me and calmly closed the doors.

"Hello!" I yelled out to no one in particular.

"In here, Miss Night." I heard the same voice I had heard on the phone say. I followed the voice to a large living room with a small table in the middle of it.

There were two chairs, one in which my employer sat. He was holding a wine glass but I could smell from here that it wasn't containing wine but in fact human blood. 

He leaned into the light so I could see him. 

What a surprise... I'd never thought I'd see this asshole again. Alive, at least.

"A-Al..." I interrupted him.

"Scarlett," I stated simply. 

He appeared a small bit shocked but quickly recovered. 

"Elijah Mikaelson," I smirked at him.

"I hoped to never see you again, yet here you are... to employ me nonetheless," I said my voice completely monotone.

"Likewise, you're not as dead as I remember." He said studying his hand and fingernails, appearing uninterested. 

Calmly he moved his gaze up to me.

"I see that you have changed your hair. I preferred your scarlet hair," he stated.

"I understand that is where you got the inspiration for your alias," Elijah said slowly, taking a sip from his glass. 

I walked to the table and sat down on the chair opposite Elijah.

"Scarlet hair is too noticeable in my line of work and if it brought you any kind of pleasure as you, I'm glad I changed it," I smirked leaning back in my chair. 

Elijah let out a sigh.

"How long has it been since we last encountered each other?" He asked leaning back in his chair as well, looking defeated yet curious.

"Eight hundred or something years, but who is counting," I said putting my head in my hands and leaning my elbows on the table.

"Let's talk business since that's what I came for," I grunted at him. 

He probably didn't know that it was me when he called. Most people never even see my face, only my most interesting clients do. I'm happy that I decided Elijah was interesting enough.

Elijah lifted his hand and waved for the human to come over to him. 

He commanded him to slit his wrist over his wine glass, filling it with blood. He offered me the glass, but I put my hand up refusing his offer. I waved my hand at the human, suggesting that I had already eaten. 

Elijah squinted his eyes at me but let the human walk away.

"Fascinating," Elijah said studying me. Instead of pushing it further, he decided to talk about why I was there.

"I have a job proposal for you." I nodded for him to continue.

"I need you to get rid of my brother, Niklaus." He finished.

"Niklaus as in Klaus? As in the one and only hybrid?" I asked tauntingly waving my hands in the air before I leaned forward edging closer to Elijah. He nodded in response.

"How very interesting." I smiled. I haven't seen Klaus for centuries. This can come to be quite an exciting job.

"I've heard that getting rid of Klaus Mikaelson appears to be quite tricky. How do you propose that I do this?" I asked calmly leaning my elbows back on the table. To hear this coming from Elijah Mikaelson himself is quite unusual based on his past.

Elijah reached into his suit and pulled out a large wooden stake. It was covered in something that appeared like metal, which slithered around it like veins.

"This is a white oak stake, it can kill any original including Klaus." I reached for the stake but Elijah snatched it away.

"You will get this weapon when the time is right, I'm not a fan of getting double-crossed," Elijah said pocketing the stake as he leaned back in his chair with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I take your reaction as you take the job." I studied Elijah before I answered.

"Yes," I said plainly. I put my hand inside my jacket and quickly pulled out a contract.

"What may this be?" Elijah asked curiously.

"A contract stating that I will kill Niklaus Mikaelson. I do not do this job for free, you know. All this will cost you is a favor for the future." Elijah studied me suspiciously.

"And after the favor is done the contract is destroyed?" He asked carefully. I nodded in response.

I handed him a pen for him to sign with. He lifted the contract and read it thoroughly. After about five minutes of watching him read, he put the contract down on the table and signed it. Oh, Elijah. I'm not who I used to be. You're my marionette now.

End of chapter 2

Thank you for reading this chapter. Another chapter will be up soon. Please share this story with your friends, it would mean a lot to me!^^

Until next time
~Eldriel