Chapter 50. Concern

Start from the beginning

I let out a breath, "Okay, I believe you." I mumbled, "Sorry for doubting you."

He shrugged, "Doubting people is normal for someone with amnesia," He looked at me, "But I won't lie to you." He gave me a smile but I don't know if he's being sarcastic or what. I don't want to tell him that I'm being suspicious, that's just rude so I'll just wait until I gather enough 'memories'.

I remembered his wound so I unknowingly grab hold of his hoodie and shirt and pulled it up. Jeff looked surprised and sat still before he realized what I was doing, "I need to change the bandage." I muttered as I saw the blood through the bandage.

"I'm fine." Jeff retorted, "And I'm leaving."

And with that, he stood up and headed for the door. Being the worrywart I am, I strode in front of the door and blocked it, "Not until I say so." I glared up at him. Damn, he's tall.

"I said that I am leaving, and I will." Jeff matched my glare before grabbing the doorknob and giving it a strong pull.

I, of course, pushed it close while he keeps on pulling it, "Damn it, Jeff!" I shouted, "You're not going anywhere today but our house to rest!"

"Move over! I don't see why I should listen to a brat who can't even take care of herself." He growled.

I grit my teeth and grabbed both his hands and removed them from the doorknob, "Just shut up and do as you're told." I said while I pull him towards the bed.

Jeff tried jerking his hand away but my grip on him is firm, even I'm surprised how strong my hold on him is. I'm probably stronger because he still lacks energy from what happened yesterday. Why does he need to be so stubborn!?

I shoved him to the bed with a force. Unexpectedly, Jeff was caught off guard so he impulsively pulled on my arm. I let out a squeak as I lost my balance and fall on top of him with a thump. Our eyes slowly went wide with shock as we gazed at each other and realized what our-Well, my immature actions brought us.

I felt heat rising up to my cheeks, "S-Sorry!" I said as I got off of him. Jeff's surprise turned into one of annoyance as he sat up and muttered something like 'idiot'. I stood awkwardly beside the bed and looked down on my feet, "Um . . ."

"Just get it over with." Jeff glared at me.

"What?" A smile crawled it's way to my face as I heard him, he glared at me harder so I just took the stuff I need. I sat on the bed and asked Jeff to take his hoodie off. Surprisingly, he didn't refuse or argued, he just did what I said. Weird.

I removed the bandage and saw his wound didn't make any progress in healing. I knew it, he's so thin, he's unhealthy. Jeff needs to rest or the wound will open again.

I wrapped a new bandage around, "Let's go back to the house." I mumbled.

Jeff gave me a look, "Excuse me?" He said, "I'm not going with you."

"Do we have to go through this again?" I nonchalantly replied as I stood up and kept the bandage in the bag, "Jeff, you're going home whether you like it or not." I sternly said.

He rolled his eyes and wore his hoodie back on, "Like I will listen to you."

I frowned, "Where are you even going to go?"

"Places."

"Oh, you don't say?" I sarcastically said, "I mean, why do you have to go, is it so important?" I asked, "You shouldn't push yourself too hard . . ."

"Yes," Jeff turned to me with a serious look on his face, "It is important."

"Okay then, I'm coming with you." I deadpanned and started picking my stuff up.