Chapter Two

Piper

It wasn't too long before dinner when Nico showed up, needing help.

"You need help?" I questioned the son of Hades, usually expecting Hazel. Not Nico.

This wasn't normal.

"Yeah, I have a question." He told me. "What is called when you go out to eat or do something and one person pays for both?"

I looked at him, confused and almost rolled my eyes.

"A date." I answered. "Duh."

And then it hit me.

"Did you go on a date and not tell me!"

I was sort of loud and Nico's eyes expanded and I don't think he wanted me saying that. Jason was in here. He could hear all of this.

"No," Nico insisted. "But my gods, make the entire camp think that why don't you. I'm asking because I was talking with a friend from way back when I was never here and I agreed to meet up and pay because they paid the last time we met like three years ago. They called it a date."

"Yeah." I assured him. "Because that's a date."

"It's not a date, though." He reasoned terribly.

"Is it a girl?"

"No."

"It's a date."

"But it's not."

"And why is that?"

He shrugged.

"Because it's not." Nico told me. "I don't know. That wasn't my intention. My intention was to nice and pay for a meal before..."

He stopped for a moment.

"You know, I'll just tell you what happens after it happens."

He walked back to his cabin and Jason came up to walk to dinner with me. Which is when we talked this over. With Annabeth and Grover there. Thalia, too. Nico was sitting with Clarisse and them. I don't like them. They're mean and I don't think Clarisse is too fond of me.

Either way, he wasn't here.

"Who are you talking about?" Annabeth asked us after about ten minutes of going on about this.

Because I need to know who this date is with. Jason is saying that it's Percy, but I don't believe that. Percy is a good guy and all and they would be cute. But Nico won't give him a chance to even be his friend. Much less his boyfriend.

"Nico." I explained to them. "He said he was going to meet up with a friend or something tomorrow and how he worded it made it sound like a date and the guy thinks it's a date and it would help if I knew who he was talking about. And no, Jason. It's not Percy. Percy is the straightest man this camp has to offer."

Annabeth and Grover shared a look.

"What?" Thalia asked. "You want to try and counter that? It's the truth."

"Yeah, okay." Grover remarked. "If it helps you sleep at night, I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Do you have proof of otherwise?" Frank questioned. "I'd be less surprised if Percy were to kill himself. Percy."

"Ditto." Will agreed. "Plus, I'm pretty sure Nico hates Percy. Always seemed to."

"Not really." Jason remarked like he knew something we didn't.

"Not really?" Rachel questioned. "Jason, I don't know what's considered new. But if you haven't caught the drift, Nico can't stand Percy."

And I'm dating an idiot, everyone. Because he said it right in front of her.