35: Teardrops

Zenn's

"Clear? " I ask and they just nodded.

"Let's go. " I said as we enter to the biggest event.

Punong puno ng mga tao ang buong square. May red carpet na dadaanan at lahat ay naka mask. They are all busy with their dirty talks and business stuff. Big time criminals and high personalities— big time traitors are around.

"Carmina Morton, the heiress of the Morton's organization! " a call from the emcee and I started walking.

It was all by Elizabeth and Khalil, so thanks for their help. Mas lalo nilang pinapadali ang lahat. And this night will be their end too.

"Take care. " bulong sakin ni Rheign ng madaanan ko ang table nila.

Matagal mamatay ang masamang damo. That's the line I am still holding to and I hope that would keep me alive.

I was about to sat down when someone hold my wrist.

"You shouldn't! You should listen at me and stay away! " pabulong sa sigaw sakin ni Hermina habang hinihigit ako papunta sa balcony na walang tao.

"Why should I listen to you? Liar will always be a liar. " and with that— she let go of my wrist and slightly smirked.

"Yeah, you're right. At ang uto uto ay laging uto uto. Bagay kayo, and you'll regret that you didn't listen to me, Santillan. You will. " she said and leave me hanging at the edge of the odds.

What was that? What is her point? Ano bang gusto nyang iparating at hindi nalang nya sabihin ng diretso? She really want seeing me being thrilled off.

"And the special recognition for the two luminary personalities! Francisco Draylen and Sandy Draylen! " my curiosity for Hermina Linzer washed out as I heard their names.

They are here...

I was running and walking just to see the protagonist of this event. Kailangan ko pang sumiksik at hawiin ang ibang tao para lang makita ang mag amang Draylen at ang paparating na bagong Mafia Leader.

But then... everything was in their place... every plan was well-planned... every second was running still... just when I saw the built of his body everything was wrecked. It was ruined...

And it can't be.

"And last but not in the list! Our new leader! Cynich Draylen! " his name makes my heart broke into a little pieces.

He was walking at the red carpet, until he reached the middle of the square and stop for a moment with his dad and sister.

"Let us see their faces! " a part of me was willing to watch them taking their mask off of their faces and a big part of me wants to run out.

But it's too late to decide... It's too late to run away...

Sam Cynich Hemsworth... Draylen.

He smiled at us but then, I caught his eyes. We stared at each other for a moment... and my teardrops hide inside my mask... it's just a dream...

a nightmares, isn't it?

"Zenn... " he mouthed.

I released my mask and smiled at him. I whipped my gun out and point it straight at him.

I don't care with the people who's looking at me... all my attention was poured on the man who's standing right in front of me.

The real traitor... the liar... the one who made me feel this way.

"Hands in for the lady! " his dad said.

"Don't! "

Every failure makes us stronger. Every mistakes gives us a lesson... every teardrops make us vulnerable...