Meeting.

Once when I was young I got lost in the woods behind my step moms house. It was a week day, a Tuesday. The sun never felt like brightening the sky's that day, it was cold and the blistering wind never wanted to die down. It was only about six or so, but as the sky's turned from grey to black I started to panic. The giant pines casting shadows, making  the smallest things seem terrifying. I know that panic always makes everything worse but, I couldn't help it. What can I say I was eleven, and quite small for my age. I had originally ran away from Crystal , my demented step sister. I think I succeeded because now , I'm completely lost and I believe she gave up looking for me long ago. I continue to walk in the direction I think home is. It's black now, almost to dark to see. The giant pines are now jagged shadows tearing into the inked sky. Each step I take is met with the crunch of brush, and snapping of twigs making my heart leap into my mouth. My senses on overdrive, Checking over my shoulders with each unexpected sound. The swish of my pants against the bushes are now ominous scrapes deflating my courage. My heart is about to give out from the rapid hammering. The wind is whispering in my ears whipping my matted hair into my face. The animals waking with howls. I have been wandering down the side of this steep hill or mountain in the direction that my house should be for over an hour. Fighting through thick earth,  tough terrain and herculean timber . The temperature dropping significantly. finally stating to see the tops of the houses. Not one that I recognize though. The houses are bigger more extravagant. The trees seem to be spreading leaving me a clear view that I am definitely in the wrong place.

I live with my dad his wife and her two daughters in Coos bay Organ. Our light blue house isn't anything special but the location is spectacular. From the front porch you have a beautiful view of the bay through a spit in the huge tree line. My favorite thing to do on warm mornings was sitting on the front porch steps as the sun came up over the ocean, I brought a sliver of peace. Adjacent the back yard opens up in to the Forrest, humongous full plants covered in bark always shedding old to bring new life. We live on a very steep hill, basically the side of one of the many Coos Bay mountains. It makes the prime spot for bike races that most the time don't end in a wipe out. If my dad were around or any actual family it would be the best place in the world, but he isn't and when he is I'm still invisible next to his new family. I can't choose who's around or what matters to them . My dad is a fishermen and leaves for months at a time, Carol my step mom isn't bad per-say she's just as absent as my dad while sitting in the same room though. Carol has a job so she's gone from early morning until about six, which leaves crystal in charge. I don't really know what to say about Crystal; she is sixteen and thinks she's twenty one, she likes to dominate and control and I guess I am the only person she feels like she she can really let these traits fly around. My father and Carol also had a baby lyla about a year and a half ago, although she looks nothing like my dad and the timing really never added up. I think my dad knows he just doesn't care or shit I don't know.

When I come to the wall of a backyard to a house I feel relived, although I don't recognize the house I know I'm at least safe and not going to succumb to the elements. I go in to the back yard and sit on the little swing set. I'm too young I suppose to realize this is trespassing, and too afraid to do anything else. I sit on the swing and watch the family inside get ready for bed I suppose, soon the lights go out in the main rooms of the house and I feel alone, the fear is starting to creep back in. I don't know where I am so I decide to stay where I am and figure it out in the morning I'm sure I'm not being missed at the house.

"Hi,"

I hear someone say but I can't tell where the voice came from. I stain my eyes towards the house but see nothing but a low glow coming from the siding glass door. I see nothing but the voice sounded again.

"Don't be scared, I won't hurt you,"

I wasn't afraid the voice was going to hurt me, I think it's a boy but he sounds no older than me. I continue to search for the source of the voice, then I see him in the window of what must be his room. There's a faint light shining through and I see his wild curls.